Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Feature: Gary and Pam Beineke's Awesome 1971 One of None Superbird

Re: Car Feature: Gary and Pam Beineke's Awesome 1971 One of None Superbird

I'm usually not a huge Mopar guy, but that car grabbed me. That thing is fantastic. Wow! I like it about 8 million times better than the 70 version. In general, I like the pre-71 styling of any musclecar better, but not in this case.
    1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

That was a cool video. Are we going to see more like that on BS?

Ron
      It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

You can't talk about Dayclona without a pic of Pam!

Comment

While I'm a BIG MOPAR fan, I never cared for Superbirds. Just too much, in my opinion. I think they've done as fine a job as could be done. Pam ain't too bad, either!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
            That was a cool video. Are we going to see more like that on BS?
            Ron
            This is the latest of our car featrures...sounds like you need to catch up! :D

All of the features have a photo galllery and video.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes
              While I'm a BIG MOPAR fan, I never cared for Superbirds. Just too much, in my opinion. I think they've done as fine a job as could be done. Pam ain't too bad, either!

Dan
              Yeah.....ditto on the too much

I still remember when they came out.....most of my buddies and I thought
              the car brought too much attention

cool factor today can't be denied
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I've said before that I am big fan of those 71-72 Road Runners, Satellites, Chargers, and such. That car is very cool.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Nice car, but jacked up aerodynamically. I doubt you could get anywhere near 200mph and keep it on the ground with that air catching high nose!
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

BBR: The body mods were wind tunnel tested back in Jan-Mar of 1970. What you see is the final, and recommended modifications for optimal downforce. When I first built it, I too thought the nose would lift something awful..but it acts neutral and cuts through the air as it was designed to, no matter what speed. And yes, we've used the .68 OD 5th gear to test the theory/conclusions of the aerodynamicists.

Comment

I was thinking the nose is similar to the super birds, etc and those ran pretty quick on the track.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Unfortunately its not a one of one,A guy in our neighborhood did this same exact car except his recieved a 426 and 4 speed, its still in a garagr here somewhere.

Comment

What's with all the exhaust tips?

Comment

channel that thing

Comment

Working...
                            X