Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website of the Week: TyroneMalone.net

Re: Website of the Week: TyroneMalone.net

I saw this guy in the '80's. He brought a couple of his trucks to a local tire supplier and was doing some stunts. I happened to be driving by and saw all the smoke, so I pulled in to see what was going on. Was treated to quite a show. Nothing like watching a semi roast the tires or fly by and pull a 180.
    "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Ditto. Saw him at a local Bandag Tire Center. His whole fleet was there, and he tore up the local street doing some insane burnouts. 177 mph on re-cap tires, brave man. If you look under the front axle of the Super Boss you'll notice skis that stopped the axle frrom digging into the salt if a front tire blow. I still have the AMT model and posts I got that day. Nothing somes like a 12v71 2-stroke with a pair of turbos to help the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Hey there Guys Thanks for all the kind words for Tyrone Malone.
        Me and Sammy worked long and hard to bring this website to all his fans. I can tell you first hand from someone who worked for Tyrone Malone and hauled the Super Boss truck all over Europe and Finland in 1989. Tyrone would make your jaw drop. That big ol Detroit diesel screaming bloody murder and Malone doing those 360's .
        Help us keep his memory alive ,tell all your friends about the website. And tell those stories of him burning that Bandag rubber on our guest book so other Tyrone Malone gear heads can read about him.
        We are trying to show Bandag that there is STILL lots of truckers and people out there that are still his fans.
        More to come on the website, we just got started. Tell us how were doing. Thank you

Ken Harris
        tyronemalone.net

Comment

Ken,

Thanks for coming by and dropping us a line. Keep us updated on the site, it is awesome already!

He was a one of a kind American!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I remember being on a family vacation in the late 80's or early 90's and we saw a bunch of his trucks on display. We stopped to check them out and my brother and I got a couple posters. I was very young at the time so I don't remember where we were or if Tyrone was there but I'm sure I still have that poster somewhere.

Comment

Being a trucker myself, I have a soft spot for those old screamers.....I've seen a couple of them(The Bandit and the Super Boss) in person several times at the Mid-America Truck show in the Derby City(Louisville, KY.).

I'm not a big fan of recaps(and the resultant damage they cause when they do go BOOM), but Bandags seem to last longer than the others.....

I'll continue to check in over there, be sure to do the same over here!

Tiresmoke

Comment

Working...
              X