Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Captain Obvious: CNN Tells us How to Spot Unmarked Cop Cars

Re: Thanks, Captain Obvious: CNN Tells us How to Spot Unmarked Cop Cars

It didn't really even tell you what to look for. How about the black honeycomb grille, blacked out valance, spotlights, all the extra antennas, the lack of drivers door trim, dashcam, and everything else that just shouts "cop car"! CNN is useless.

Comment

Typical CNN. The media has really let us down in the last few years, and they are only getting worse in my view.

What about the e-7 they said is being built in Georgia by a new company? Anyone heard of these?

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Now that they can?t (or refuse to?) spend 90% of their time bashing the sitting president they have a ton of time and space to fill with goofy shit like this.

Comment

What I thought was funny, was this was not even a CNN story.
          It was by AOL Auto and CNN just used a link ....
          Pathetic !!

Comment

C - Celebrity
            N - Nonsense
            N - Network.

Ack. Just another tabloid show. News? Watch PBS.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Change
              News
              Network

connecticut threw us for a loop with buick gn cop cars
              then mazda mx6

Comment

The Carbon Motors E7? I went to a presentation at their headquarters, though at the time they didn't have a prototype to show off like they do now. It's a purpose built cop car with the lights integrated into the bodywork and a lot of the cop car things factory installed, so they're hoping that they can get the price down to compete with an off the shelf car with custom made parts. Pretty cool spec sheet, it's diesel powered using either a Mercedes or BMW turbo motor. They are planning to make an unmarked version but not a civilian version, so if you spot one on the road you'll know it's a cop for sure. They had done a bunch of research on that one about what good an unmarked car is if it's a completely unique design, and concluded that there are so many morons out there that most drivers will fall for it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                  connecticut threw us for a loop with buick gn cop cars
                  then mazda mx6
                  On the Berlin Turnpike the Newington cops have gotten inventive in an effort to crack down on street racing and people "cruising the pike". A few years ago they were running a light-green '95 Mercury Sable unmarked car. And just a few days ago I saw a dark-silver Nissan Maxima unmarked.

Comment

Kitsap County, WA has a Kia Sedona with hidden LED lights. I watched it pull an Acura and a Honda racing on SR16 off to the side...as I was drilling my own brake pedal through the floor (I was competing, too! :o)
                    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Working...
                    X