Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Science Class Said It Could Happen: Can A Bunch Of Wired-Up Lemons Start A Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science Class Said It Could Happen: Can A Bunch Of Wired-Up Lemons Start A Car?

Wiring up a lemon to produce electricity works. Insert copper into one end of a lemon, zinc into another, connect the two points by wire and you can power a low-output source of electricity, with a typical lemon putting out just under a volt. It’s a great science experiment for kids, is low-buck to do […]

The post Science Class Said It Could Happen: Can A Bunch Of Wired-Up Lemons Start A Car? appeared first on BangShift.com.

More...

That's a fun and cool channel, and a neat experiment. I laughed when the kid wouldn't lick the wires!

It's been years, but I happened to be in a science education store to buy some chemicals for my job, and they had a kit to make a battery from a lemon to power a little propeller blade. The lemon sat on top of the fridge about 6 months running the prop. I mashed up the lemon a bit, and it ran the prop for another month. Cool beans, I thought. All my friends were like, "Why is this lemon and propeller on the top of the fridge?"....
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
    X