Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site of the Week: How to Become a Dirt Racing Hero

Re: Site of the Week: How to Become a Dirt Racing Hero

World of Outlaws has some appeal for me.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

There is nothing like dirt track! It's friggin' awesome!

Here's the car for the team I crewed for several years ago. I drove a couple of mechanic's races, and I would do it again in a heartbeat if the opportunity arose.

Comment

Funny this should come up.

Went to a dirt track race for the first time ever last weekend. Placerville Speedway. http://www.placervillespeedway.com/history.php

What a riot. They had 32 360 sprint cars show up for their $5,000 race. I've never seen so many flips, spins, and off track excursions in my life.

They had dwarf cars too, and one guy did an end over end flip down the front stretch that I thought would land him in an ambulance for a drive to the hospital. After extracting him from the car, he just took off walking back up to the pits.

Went to the pits after the show, man, lots of bucks parked up their. Big ass semi's, unbelievable trailer set ups. Far more money than I've seen in a amateur roadrace paddock in a lot of years. There were setups that rivaled the factory stuff I've seen at some roadracing events.

Completely eye opening. Glad I went, and hope to do it again soon.

Comment

check out www.texasdirtnetwork.com for live dirt track racing every friday and saturday broadcast over the internet
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
          X