Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rough Start: 1975 Pontiac Astre – Not The Prettiest But It Makes A Case For Itself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Start: 1975 Pontiac Astre – Not The Prettiest But It Makes A Case For Itself!

If you’re only willing to throw down five bills for your project or your fun car, you either walk into the room making concessions or you will walk out disappointed. It’s like that three-circle Venn diagram meme where you have to pick two choices. Do you want fun and fast, classic, or a newer “proper […]

The post Rough Start: 1975 Pontiac Astre – Not The Prettiest But It Makes A Case For Itself! appeared first on BangShift.com.

More...

I had a stock '76 Pontiac Astre (a Vega with gunslit tail lights) hatchback for a couple years. What a piece of crap. The engine and the transmission finally ate themselves to pieces where they mated together and the steel bolts stripped out the aluminum. When I tried to accelerate the auto tranny would move away from the engine block and the car would buck. I traded it off for a Vega wagon that lasted 3 weeks. The shift linkage kept sticking in 2nd gear, and when I slammed it in frustration the windshield popped out. I abandoned it, and bought a Pinto wagon that served faithfully for almost a decade.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Working...
    X