No announcement yet.

GM's Stephens Says that 4.5L Duramax Not Totally Dead; New Technology on Tap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM's Stephens Says that 4.5L Duramax Not Totally Dead; New Technology on Tap

Re: GM's Stephens Says that 4.5L Duramax Not Totally Dead; New Technology on Tap

This motor would boost sales in light pickups, an already hot product. What's with the tail-dragging?
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Re: GM's Stephens Says that 4.5L Duramax Not Totally Dead; New Technology on Tap

Diesel sales are crashing harder than a Valu-Jet in a swamp as of late.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Man, I think this motor would be so incredibly awesome. A quiet, clean, and efficient light-duty diesel would totally kick ass in a LD truck/SUV, and I doubt it would take much to make it seriously fast.

I've often found myself daydreaming of picking up a cheap Chevy C-10 in need of restoration and swapping in a modern light-duty diesel engine. I'd be brewin' up some B100 in the shed so fast! The only problem is/was that nobody builds the ideal motor to match my dream, but GM and Ford have the right idea with their LD diesel V8s... If only they could make them happen.

As somebody who's driven modern "clean" diesels from Audi, BMW, and Honda (which are not available in the US yet), I fully believe in their ability to gain acceptance in the decidedly anti-diesel US. The new oil burners are incredibly quiet, smooth, and don't puke out any soot like the old ones. Then there's all that torque!

Comment

Working...
        X