Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Pick of the Week: 1985 Omni GLH

Re: Craigslist Pick of the Week: 1985 Omni GLH

Even though I'm a dyed-in-the-wool V8 guy, I must say that I absolutely love these little Mopars. They are the perfect little sleeper. I'm even more in love with the '89-'90 Plymouth Voyager and Dodge Caravan turbo minivans. ;D

Comment

Looks like a good deal. Pull the engine apart and build it up.

There's a guy around here with a turbo Shadow and a Turbo Rampage that make about 350hp. He's tried to race a few guys but always gets declined because when he starts running his mouth he smells of alcohol so nobody wants to race him. The cars are fast though.

Comment

An acquaintance of mine used to run a non-turbo GLH in Solo II, then sold it to another guy I know who did Solo I and Solo II and lapping days with it. Anyway, they both said that the car was a POS, but it was definitely a fun POS!! At one point when the car kakked the engine on the way back from Nelson Ledges in Ohio, we ended up towing back the rest of the way with gym bag straps. ;D

cheers
        Ed N.
        Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
        07 Mustang GT with some stuff
        88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I used to have an '87 Shelby Charger. It was falling apart, the clutch was too hard, the shifter was merely a suggestion, and I broke motor mounts like it was going out of style, and torque steer was ridiculous. But it was one of the most fun cars to drive I've ever had.

Comment

I'll never understand people who install K&N air intakes that pull in air right next to the engine, and then call it "Cold Air Intake". Don't they know it gets a little warm under the hood?

My GTO has an open circular air filter on top of the carb. Does that mean I have CAI? ;)

Comment

Talk about a vintage rally car, or even better an ice racer for you guys up north.

Comment

I for one can vouch for these being able to beat an "overweight and underpowered pony car of the 80's". I too have a friend that had a 4 door Omni GLH with a turbo. His dad and him did a little bit of work to the motor and it would pretty easily walk away from my Mustang. Sounds bad I know. I'd bet his Omni was a low 13 car easy.

Comment

Working...
                X