Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HIstoric "EPA" Superbird Restored; Opening Bid for Private Auction Sale is $3 Million

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HIstoric "EPA" Superbird Restored; Opening Bid for Private Auction Sale is $3 Million

Re: HIstoric \

Where's our in-house EPA man? Paging Dan Stokes....
    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

I'll admit I'm not real current with values in today's muscle car collector market, but it seems like the seller is tacking on at least a couple million bucks for the "story," which to me at least, ain't all that cool. I'd rather have a car with race history--ANY race history!

Comment

Matt, I'm with you. Not to say that this thing isn't neat and unique, but it's a total weirdo. They're both stupid money, but to assert that the 'Bird is worth roughly half of the Daytona seems like crazy talk to me.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

"The starting bid of 3 Million dollars will reserve you're place"

The guy wants three million dollars but cannot spell. Welcome to the United States of America, 2009.

Comment

If he gets his 3 million he can hire a math tutor.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
              math tutor
              At times I'm beginning to understand why Groucho gets the way he does... ;)

Comment

At one level, this doesn't really seem much more insane than the million dollars paid for the Ray Allen LS6 Malibu Convertible a couple of years ago at Barrett-Jackson by a "private collector" (who is now apparently having RM Auctions liquidate it and about 80 other race cars and hot rods at the Petersen Museum on September 26, 2009 (See http://www.rmauctions.com/PressRelease.cfm?PressID=668 or pay RM EIGHTY DOLLARS for a catalog (Talk about insane!)))

On the other hand, paying even six figures for any muscle car (not to mention THREE MILLION DOLLARS) probably represents a triumph of ego gratification over common sense. Still, it's good that some collectors are apparently motivated to pay the crazy money necessary to preserve many of these unique historical vehicles for future generations.

Comment

Working...
                X