Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raleigh, North Carolina, Cops Have a Z06. Don't Speed There

Re: Raleigh, North Carolina, Cops Have a Z06. Don't Speed There

If you read the article, it is really funny. The school system says that it should be sold and used to add funds to the ailing school, the police dept talk about how great it is.

I'll tell you what's worse. Not sure if this is still the case, but In Hawaii, patrol officers can actually use their own cars as a patrol car. You never know when you're being followed or not. Between that, the constant 35mi speed limits, and lots of cool windy roads, make it "ticket waiting to happen state" in my book.

Comment

It is true that North Carolina's economy is the pits right now and that the schools all across the state are really hurting. But Wake County schools are always screaming for more money, even when the economic times were good. I am a retired North Carolina Public School teacher and I am sorry the teacher being quoted in the N & O article has lost her job, but I cannot believe the selling of this Corvette will solve the Wake County School System's economic woes, including this particular lost job. The story seems to be saying that the money it takes to convert this 'vette into a police car is higher than converting any other car, I doubt that is true. I just look at this as a free police car.

Now, teaching deputies to be able to drive this car correctly might take a little more time, but what the heck let 'em go for it!

Comment

My hometown finally makes it to the front page of Bangshift. ;D I'd have saved it for "Friday's Excuse to go Home Early and Drink".
        Non-denominational car nut.
        Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
        Do you go all the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Impala_Guy
          My hometown finally makes it to the front page of Bangshift. ;D I'd have saved it for "Friday's Excuse to go Home Early and Drink".
          Does this mean you'll have to slow down on the beltway? ;) ;D ???

Comment

Cops Have a Z06. Don't Speed There
            what if you own a ZR1?

;D

Comment

Originally posted by jscheimreif
              If you read the article, it is really funny. The school system says that it should be sold and used to add funds to the ailing school, the police dept talk about how great it is.

I'll tell you what's worse. Not sure if this is still the case, but In Hawaii, patrol officers can actually use their own cars as a patrol car. You never know when you're being followed or not. Between that, the constant 35mi speed limits, and lots of cool windy roads, make it "ticket waiting to happen state" in my book.
              I used to see a bunch of LeSabre T-Type cop cars when I lived there, when I was little my dad actually bought a Monte SS off of a cop.

Comment

It's typical of the school system whining about not getting another lousy $50,000. That would be a drop in the bucket for the smallest school system around here. Hell, LAUSD would spend that on coffee filters in the teachers' lounges in the first 10 minutes.

Here in Cali, the teachers union would spend several million in tv commercials to complain that they weren't getting the $50k in selling the car.

Cops have had pursuit specials ever since the day after they got left behind by a criminal's rodded ride. I blame John Dillinger.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Hell Mentor schools would piss $50k in a matter of hours so is it really worth it?

I just don't understand why the Corvette is so much better for catching drug runners? Do they figure Corvette owners are coke heads and try to sell product to the deputy in the car? ;D
                  I R Bob
                  You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                  2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I am sure the teachers can handle a bit of a pay cut - the parents sure have

Comment

I didn't make my reply to insinuate that teachers make too much. In North Carolina teachers are paid by the state and like most state employees they have been put into some forced leave situations and a cut in salary. Many larger districts attract teachers with their own bonuses over the state mandated salary, but they are hurting too and many such bonuses have also disappeared.

If you think teachers get paid too much, take their job for a week and come back to talk about it.

Comment

around here teachers are well into the six figure zone - work 10 monthsa year 6 hours a day and are backed by a strong union [thugs] , my heart bleeds for teachers

Comment

Schools need pared back. Reading , writting, and , math . If your kid wants to play sports, you should be paying for it. Like AAU or what ever. Now on to the car. Yes they need to sell the car. put it in THEIR gas budget since they let they sit and run for hrs while hanging out at the local gas/convenient store . They don't need a car this fast , after all , isn't that what those radios are for. If their going to keep it ,it needs a governer on it ! Around here the cops normally drive faster then the rest of us !

Comment

2007 Corvette Z06, nice car ...

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                              around here teachers are well into the six figure zone - work 10 monthsa year 6 hours a day and are backed by a strong union [thugs] , my heart bleeds for teachers
                              I wonder why, if the salaries up your way are so good, so many folks from there try to get jobs down here when nobody in the teaching profession around here makes anything near that much money. I never worked less than 7 hours a day and then had to do a lot of stuff at home as well. It isn't as simple as you try to make it.

Still I think the Raleigh cops ought to keep the 'vette!

Comment

Working...
                              X