Garlits Prepares to Kick Ass Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Garlits Prepares to Kick Ass Again

Don Garlit's did great things for drag racing and I respect him for always being a hands on racer/builder.

But I'd bet my paycheck that you will never see Garlit's roll into the staging lanes with his Challenger when the call comes for first round. This seems like a pro lawn chair, autograph signing, make a few exhibition passes promotional deal only. He's one of the few 'household' names drag racing has and Mopar can use him for press coverage.
    Unlike the Cobra Jets that have sportsman racers out there competing and already won a national event (Calvert/Winternationals '09)

Maybe I'm wrong, but after decades of being a Pro, I just don't see him wanting to actually compete in dial-in class racing.

Comment

Hey ET..how much you make because I wanna get paid. :D

Just conversed with Don electronically and the car will be running at the US Nationals.

Brian

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Call me a nut-swinger if you like but I can just see the old coot kickin' ass in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Hey ET..how much you make because I wanna get paid. :D

Just conversed with Don electronically and the car will be running at the US Nationals.

Brian
          Brian......It is now down to 3 weeks until the start of the US Nationals. Don Garlits name is nowhere on the Stock or Super Stock entry list. He may be "running at the US Nationals", but I will still stick to my (unpopular) prediction that it will be an exhibition pass(s) waving at the crowd on the return road back, not competing.

Please email me a copy of a check stub or W-2. I need to order a set of slicks. ;D

Tim / ETwagon

Comment

Tim, you've got me nervous, but I'm taking the "old man" at his word.

Time will tell. (what are we bolting the slicks to?)

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Brian,
              He's now listed on the entry list for stock. Lucky for me it's been a slow pay period at work :P....and I like a little Tabasco on my crow. :D
              I hope this generates lots ink and a showcase to the masses for THE best classes in drag racing- Stock & Super Stock.

The slicks are for my latest project, a '66 Belvedere wagon. After selling a '67 Coronet wagon I drove daily and then turned into a race car I couldn't stand NOT having a wagon!

Tim / ETwagon

Comment

Working...
              X