Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chrysler Archives Raided; GM's Historical Documents at Risk of Destruction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrysler Archives Raided; GM's Historical Documents at Risk of Destruction?

Re: Chrysler Archives Raided; GM's Historical Documents at Risk of Destruction?

I believe that anything the Government puts their hands in turns out no good. They can't even run the country worse yet a big corporation like GM. I hope they save all that history some how, but leaving it up to Uncle Sam, it won't happen.
    It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

Thousands of V8s lost to "Cash for Clunkers" and now this.

This sacking of MoTown's history is like watching the decline and fall of the Roman Empire.

These historic documents ought to be donated to an archive. If the Government owns them, then the Smithsonian seems a logical choice. Or maybe the LeMay or National Automobile Museum or AACA.

Some of these employees may actually be enthusiasts who will preserve the documents better than the factories would have, though.

Comment

Petersen Publishing did the same thing when it moved the magazine offices from Sunset to Wilshire in the mid-90s. Lots of stuff got dumpstered and retrieved by employees. I've got some really cool old press releases that I found in a trash can in the garage at Wilshire that Motor Trend cleared out of a storage unit, including one from Chrysler circa 1964 announcing the debut of the "street Hemi."

Comment

Working...
        X