Bastards! Thief Steals '69 Mustang; Crashes with Owner Hanging Out Window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bastards! Thief Steals '69 Mustang; Crashes with Owner Hanging Out Window

Re: Bastards! Thief Steals '69 Mustang; Crashes with Owner Hanging Out Window

I hope he gets some help from the courts. If he is a neighbor, only because he lives nearby, can his house and land be taken to help pay for the lost Mustang?

Seething is a word isn't it because that's what I'm doing right now.

Comment

Grounds for murder?
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Any BS'ers in the Phoenix/Glendale area that know this guy?

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Its car theft.He cant stay in jail forever for it. Hes gotta get out eventually and then its time ,not only for
          stealing the car but trying to kill the owner as well.

Comment

Reactions:

"I had to make numerous trips to the hospital to get metal out of my eyes during the years." Another graduate of the Sandal-clad Freiburger School of Shop Safety? Tip: Safety goggles are cheaper than hospital bills. '

"Well, one early Sunday morning I came in from working on the car at 5:30am, sat down to have a cup of coffee and I heard my car start up." Tip: always have your car, tools and garage fully secure before you leave them, even if briefly.

"As he was going backwards he was punching me in the head as I tried to pull out the ignition key. I lost my footing, fell to my knees and then my right side then he ran over my left foot." No car is worth your life (even that $3 million Superbird). Unless you're skillfully exercising your 2nd Amendment right to keep and bear arms, loosely tail the perp in your other car and dial 911 on your cellular mobile telephone.

"The thief is in jail, he has no money." Typical. Certainly if the thief had any assets that are "non-exempt" under local laws, the victim could recover them in a civil suit. (Most states have exemption laws that won't let you take "everything" from a crook, but you could certainly strip them down to nearly the poverty level in most jurisdictions. And in a lot of places, a civil judgment can be kept alive for years, lurking should the crook ever get any money to seize. So getting one may make sense even if it's not immediately collectable). The criminal court may also have a victims' restitution program that could help with some of the bills.

" My homeowners insurance denied my claim, I have nothing left to fix my car . . . ." Homeowner's insurance almost never covers vehicles, tools, or garage contents. Some collector car insurance companies will insure project cars. Most insurance companies will issue a rider for special coverages. However, some casualty losses are tax-deductable (certain conditions and exclusions apply).

While this sad story would probably be a better movie than parts of Eastwood's "Gran Torino," it's tragic when honest hardworking people suffer from crime. The reality is that thousands are victimized every year. And too often the hot rodding community has taken it too lightly with quips about the "midnight auto supply" and scoring a "backdoor deal." While it would be good to see this guy "Overhauled" or the recipient of some sort of "Extreme Makeover" community barnraising, the best and most realistic therapy would be to put the past behind and take "baby steps" toward rebuilding.

Maybe in the short term, putting the thing together "Eleanor-style" (like the original 1973 Mustang "Eleanor" is now displayed by Denise Halicki) and showing it together with the theft story would be a good way to stay involved in the hobby while saving up for the rebuild.

While no one should make light of such a sad story, this wrecked Mustang probably STILL looks more like a Mustang than the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series "Mustang. "

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
              Grounds for murder?
              Absolutely.
              Gee, I wish I wrote the laws..

Comment

If it was mine his body would never be found.
                Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

the clip at the bottom said the police caught the thief and charged him with aggravated assault, burglary, endangerment, and theft (I'm sure that would be GTA) - he might not be real safe in prison either.

Comment

Threadjack Warning : Hoosier GTA doesn't stand for Grand Theift Auto . LOL Would be great if some unknown sympathizer from another state could take the theif for one last ride to the middle of nowhere .

Comment

Man...this really blows!!

Would classic car insurance cover this?
                      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

It depends on the policy. Some companies won't write project car insurance and some will.

BTW, killing people for joyriding and destruction of property seems like "cruel and unusual punishment."

Too bad the perp won't be assigned to an institution with an auto body shop** and be sentenced to staying in custody until he fixes his mess to the owner's satisfaction.

**Some states have these kinds of facilities in "stir" (see http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/...NEWS/107270042)

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
                          It depends on the policy. Some companies won't write project car insurance and some will.

BTW, killing people for joyriding and destruction of property seems like "cruel and unusual punishment."

Too bad the perp won't be assigned to an institution with an auto body shop** and be sentenced to staying in custody until he fixes his mess to the owner's satisfaction.

**Some states have these kinds of facilities in "stir" (see http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/...NEWS/107270042)
                          You know.......this poor guy put his heart and soul.........and
                          needless to say 'money'.......in this project

If someone were to set up some kind of fund....I'll be the
                          first to send $100........and I'll pony up another $100 when
                          my bonus arrives in September....just tell me where to send it.
                          I'd like to see this made right!

This just really sucks and that mother f*cker who started
                          this shit........well what goes around comes around.
                          Karma can be a real bitch!
                          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

This kind of thing just makes me feel so sad, and unfortunately it will become more and more a common occurrence.

Comment

Working...
                            X