Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video of the Week: LSX Motor Swapped Into a Subaru WRX!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of the Week: LSX Motor Swapped Into a Subaru WRX!

Re: Video of the Week: LSX Motor Swapped Into a Subaru WRX!

sounds rumpity... ;D

Not certain I'd have removed the stock driveline for this swap, but if it was fragged and cost of repair/rebuild was higher than an LS/6-speed swap.......weird hearing an LS engine through a fartcan exhaust.

:D

Comment

I love that kind of stuff, just as cool as a 2JZ in-line 6 in a Camaro :D
      Both extremely cool.
      I'm believe in equal opportunity engine swaping ;)

Comment

Love the biggest motor in the smallest box, just cannot get enough ! I'm not much og a drag racer anymore so, I like the IRS still being in there. Probably would switch to at least a t-bird super coup center section.

Comment

tome the coolest thing in the video is the working tachometer. There can be a LOT of work in making a factory gage package work witha different engine and computer.

Then again I just remembered that the LS tach oputputs are 4-cylinder patterns, so it may have been one of those "hook it up and luckily, it works" deals for them.

Speedometer might have been a challenge too.
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Considering how high-output WRX STi's keep the AWD system, how hard would it be to keep it together...LS1 with Subaru All-Wheel Drive...that'd be badass.
            Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
              Considering how high-output WRX STi's keep the AWD system, how hard would it be to keep it together...LS1 with Subaru All-Wheel Drive...that'd be badass.
              unfortunately, the OEMSubaru drivetrain gets off the bus before 500hp. They're one of the most expensive AWD drivetrains to build up... I've tuned a few that make big power and the builders/owners had to spend more $$ behind the flywheel than in front.

The SyTy crowd has all kinds of parts that could wok in that swap, however.

-Scott
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I saw this sucker pop up a few places yesterday and was able to track down the build thread to it.

Not too bad. Not super rational as it makes just slightly more power then the stock power plant it replaces but gives up the AWD, but still cool to see different stuff for sure.

If it were me I would have made it whisper quiet and really blown some minds leaving a stop light all squirly ;D

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/conver...p-lsx-wrx.html
                www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Comment

those subbies are weak in the driveline
                  but
                  dare to different bee hee hee haw haw

Comment

As there is no such thing as a "weak suby in the drivetrain" unless it is a justy,or less than four (some basic boxer facts for you). I have been pondering this since my first questions in 1995. My firends and I were looking over a 1989 GL. dual rangers really slam it around and subaru new it. The body has some rather very overdone pieces in imprtant areas.I keep respecting those 3 mains as the worlds greatest achevement however,because it is, and let it go...

Today the bodies are needing something and EGR finally is starting to kill of the EA generation. I ponder it in a loyale more than ever. A few basic rocker welds, among a lost of other smaller anomilies and away it could go..stronger than a vega, or a v6 1985 camaro finally made strong enough to hold a v8. The camaro was an astonishing epiphany. that too was in the yard at the same time the gl was...The gl was a more realistic thought for a v8 than that flunking thin guage camaro.
                    The loyale generation is tougher than the legacies, for this very thought of swapping,and that wrx is in for a surprise up front eventually...the legacy will hurt itself at both ends. the loyales won't. It is yet another misconception about power and bodies. Keep going for the hursepower number kids, ignoring the facts of real engines.
                    I sincerely look forward to more of these subaru swaps. I will be most enthused to see the loyale chassis types get a good one. Those cars break thier own skin hanging onto the subframing..it gives yet another false impression of what is truly strong. It is rather funny to me.
                    Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I was wondering if we were going to ever get a Scooby freak here...

One good question...is the XT or SVX worth the time, either with boxer or LS?

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
                        I was wondering if we were going to ever get a Scooby freak here...

One good question...is the XT or SVX worth the time, either with boxer or LS?
                        It's different, kinda cool, but a Brat would be weirder.

Comment

All I'll say about a BRAT is that 1) it isn't my first choice, and 2) they can drive through about five good-sized trees.

I just thought of the SVX and was wondering..I kinda like how they look.

Comment

Working...
                          X