Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Credit, No Problem! Congress to Vote on $2 Billion More Flowing to "Clunkers"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Credit, No Problem! Congress to Vote on $2 Billion More Flowing to "Clunkers"

Re: No Credit, No Problem! Congress to Vote on $2 Billion More Flowing to \

More good borrowed/printed money thrown after bad . . . .

And as I said on the now-obsolete thead on this mess (and in more detail at my blog) . . . .

The welfare/bailout giveaway known as "Cash for Clunkers" has reaffirmed that America has no shortage of welfare-loving sucklings who are out for a quick, unearned "score" from big government.

And there's no shortage of enablers who would mindlessly vandalize our recent automotive heritage and mortgage our children's futures for a quick hit of free money.

Nor are there any shortages of pandering welfare pimps who are milking the taxpayers for political gain. $1,000,000,000.00 is mere pocket change in a stampede on the public treasury.

"Car Allowance Rebate System" [sic] is certainly Orwellian newspeak.

As I predicted, the taxpayer-borrowed money funded war on future collector cars built in the 1980s and 1990s will become another bloated, wasteful government entitlement program.

It will become another gilded political football thrown about by a greed-soaked cadre of paid hack lobbyists who represent the bailout loving auto dealers and manufacturers.

It will allow a hoard of lazy mopes to leach more "free money" they haven't earned from the government.

It will lead to another huge transfer of our kids' and grandkids' money mostly to the Asians, all in exchange for a fleet of ugly, gutless FWD wimpmobiles and some quickly exhausted "stimulus."

And it will lead to the tragic obliteration of a generation of V8s and the diverse and interesting vehicles in which they were installed -- vehicles which under normal free market conditions should have been available for restoration, hot rodding, motorsports and spare parts.

Cash for Clunkers was "bankrupt" before the first unearned, borrowed welfare-bailout dollar was paid out.

Comment

Working...
    X