Unearthed: The Government Instructions on Killing "Clunker" Engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unearthed: The Government Instructions on Killing \

Thought you people knew about the motor kill - it's been all over the web. Borders on "old news". The paperwork on this deal is horrendous for the dealer and after all that they get to sit around and hope it's all done right so they get their check. The one trade I know about was sent to a scrap yard - NOT a junkyard. Scrap as in metal recycler, cuts things into small chunks. Not recycler as in sells parts to keep other vehicles running.

Is it "green"? I don't see green anything about taking a perfectly good running X and using energy to destroy it and replace it with another X that used a bunch of energy to produce. The only "green" in the program - besides us without a clunker getting the privilege of funding with our tax dollars car bargains for those that do - is that the average economy of the cars purchased is about 6-8 MPG better. I get to pay for the program but I don't get to use it - where's my $4500?

Comment

Speedzzter - I agree completely

Comment

I wonder if that solution works on politicians? Maybe we could fill them full of this stuff and send them to the scrapyard, no?

This is going to ruin the aftermarket industry.

I am going to forego the $4500 credit and buy a bicycle.

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I was watching the news on a Las Vegas station and they were showing how the dealer renders the car unusable, they drained the fluids and poured the stuff into the radiator! :

Guess they should have written the instructions in Spanish

Comment

We can't kill this one! AAHHHHHHHHH

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
              We did just buy a pair and now we're out $800. And they wouldn't take out 10 speed clunkers in trade ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon67
                Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
                We did just buy a pair and now we're out $800. And they wouldn't take out 10 speed clunkers in trade ;D
                ROTFL!

Autoextremest Peter M. DeLorenzo had an "April Fools" take on the obvious lunacy of the "Ca$h" for Clunker$" plan:

In a major change in policy, the Obama Administration has already revised its just-announced Cash for Clunkers Plan. Called the Cash for Anything Plan, it encourages Americans to turn in - well - anything, in exchange for cold, hard cash. Got an old blender lying around? That'll get you 25 bucks. How about an old washer or dryer? Fifty bucks. An old pair of slippers? Two bucks. One of Fido's chewed-up bones? Fifty cents. You name it - the U.S. Government's buying it. . . .

That makes about as much sense as "Cash for Clunkers."

Comment

5. Pour enough solution in the engine through the oil fill for the oil pump to circulate the solution throughout the engine. Start by adding 2 quarts of the solution, which should be sufficient in most cases. CAUTION: Wear goggles and gloves. Appropriate protective clothing should be worn to prevent silicate solution from coming into contact with the skin.

It just needs some fool to boil his eyes and have his hands turn to blobs to stop it all.
                  I was thinking, why not just drop a heavy weight on the motor, crunch it and call it FU**ED.
                  Or is that to simple for a politician ?

Comment

Working...
                  X