Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Came From the Fab Shop: Snatching Victory From the Jaws of Defeat With a Lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Came From the Fab Shop: Snatching Victory From the Jaws of Defeat With a Lathe

Re: It Came From the Fab Shop: Snatching Victory From the Jaws of Defeat With a Lathe

I need a lathe. Better yet, a milling machine.

No, both.

Comment

Re: It Came From the Fab Shop: Snatching Victory From the Jaws of Defeat With a Lathe

Originally posted by Weldangrind
      I need a lathe. Better yet, a milling machine.

No, both.
      Yes. Even a small lathe is a handy-as-hell tool. Have a mill on order. Not sure what I'll do with it, but I'll have it. ;D

Comment

Loren, you are way cool, dude.

Mills and lathes are definitely a machinist's "magic wand"........simple chunks of metal being crafted into useful items with cutting bits, dials, cranks and a skilled eye just blows me away.

I like being able to buy stuff from catalogs and all, but nothing says ingenuity and personalization like a home-fabbed part.....sometimes it's the better solution all-around.

BTW, I still have the BS.com "bling" you sent to me.....still sits on my desk here at home.

'smoke

Comment

What skills -- I wish I had 'em. I can't wait to see how the old Ford does on the Salt. Good Luck to 'em.

Comment

Working...
          X