No announcement yet.

Clunkers Progam Saved On Senate Vote; NY Times Damns Program With Faint Praise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunkers Progam Saved On Senate Vote; NY Times Damns Program With Faint Praise

Re: Clunkers Progam Saved On Senate Vote; NY Times Damns Program With Faint Praise

I made this a reason to go to the hotel room and drink on Thursday, all those sales guys on the lots just see a sale,and we see good viable parts for our hobby being destroyed, we need new Senators in office come next term along with a few others.
    How many of those autos could have been converted to propane, or hydrogen to still be usable, saved many tax dollars and still be salvageable?

Comment

Re: Clunkers Progam Saved On Senate Vote; NY Times Damns Program With Faint Praise

"all-time stupidest government programs ever instituted"

I couldn't agree more

1. It's killing the hobby
      2. Who's gonna pay for those billions? - the taxpayers

Comment

I see my tax money used to buy other people cars that would have probably sold anyway and also used to destroy perfectly good cars and parts. Hope nobody in Washington wonders why used car sales people rate higher than politicians.

Comment

The Chevrolet dealer I work for is waiting for the government to send
          the money on the CARS sales that have been completed.
          So far, nothing.
          If the first BILLION was depleted, where did it go?
          I believe that this dealership isn't the only one waiting.
          Right now we are holding the CARS deals until the funds start to come in.
          And they want to run your healthcare?
          Yikes!

Comment

My Dad wanted to see a C4C engine destruction video - found one on YouTube.
            Made him madder than hell.
            Cussed all the people who voted for Obama, and cussed Congress for passing it.

Dad was raised on a farm, where you fixed anything that broke - you didn't purposely ruin something.
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by STOVEBOLT6
              Think we'll be able to eventually trade a clunker wife in for a new model??
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                I already did that! ;D
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                  I already did that! ;D
                  Did the Gov't give you $4,500 for the old one? or only $3,500 :'(
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning
                    I already did that! ;D
                    Did the Gov't give you $4,500 for the old one? or only $3,500 :'(
                    Hell I paid to get rid of her and it was well worth it. ;D
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

This is just the beginning of the end of the old car hobby, enjoy it while you can. Unfortunately our .......... is so corrupt that it's all about money now. When they come to take my cars there will be ..... all over them...and it won't be mine.
                      61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

I'll admit it, I voted for Obama because I wanted to keep Sarah Palin away from being a 72-year old heartbeat away from the White House. I'll also admit that I agree with everything he's done so far.

Except for his auto policy.

He turned General Motors into Government Motors, and now I'm worried that he may drive Ford into bankruptcy because they played by the rules.

Should I change my party affiliation from Democrat to Libertarian in protest? ???

Comment

Originally posted by ferrarimanf355
                          I'll admit it, I voted for Obama because I wanted to keep Sarah Palin away from being a 72-year old heartbeat away from the White House. I'll also admit that I agree with everything he's done so far.

Except for his auto policy.

He turned General Motors into Government Motors, and now I'm worried that he may drive Ford into bankruptcy because they played by the rules.

Should I change my party affiliation from Democrat to Libertarian in protest? ???
                          Welcome to BangShift
                          Sorry you made the mistake of voting that way, Palin will be back and she is on the right track.
                          When your President now keeps bringing up the past office it just tells me he hasnt anything else to talk about or stand on.
                          Bring on Palin.

Comment

I'm not warning anyone or anything, just a gentle reminder that this needs to stay on the automotive side of the argument and not devolve into personal jabs.

Carry on!

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

understood, sorry about that.

Comment

Working...
                              X