Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Craigslist Pick of the Week: 1952 International Truck; Cool Ugly or Ugly Ugly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Pick of the Week: 1952 International Truck; Cool Ugly or Ugly Ugly?

Re: Craigslist Pick of the Week: 1952 International Truck; Cool Ugly or Ugly Ugly?

I think that '52 Int'l is cool !!

Comment

Re: Craigslist Pick of the Week: 1952 International Truck; Cool Ugly or Ugly Ugly?

Definitely Cool Ugly.
      My neighbor has one, and I like the profile.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Sweetness....... that would drive the diehard IH guys here at work nuts! I'd run it just as it is (well, with the lifter thing fixed of course) :P
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

I like them. I saw one that was customized with a different grille, looked very sharp. Trying to remember where I saw it.

Comment

Cool, not cool ugly, but cool. I agree with Brian that chrome bumpers would be a plus.

Comment

I dig the old "cornfield Cadillac"(being nice...I usually refer to'em as 13-letter shitspreaders... ;D).

Definitely needs bumpers.....I've noticed over the years that the old International pickup trucks didn't have a lot in the way of chrome(or flash in general)......the grille/filler panel was likely body color or white. Chroming it could be cool.....or not.

I'd be too tempted to stuff one of the old inline turbo-diesels(from something like, say, a 1066?) in it.....sure, you could shoehorn a PowerStroke in it and call it good(in keeping with the IH family), but that truck just screams for an inline powerplant. There's a series of YouTube videos floating around about some nut that put a 3-53 Detroit 2-puker in an early-mid-60's Chevy 4x4 truck....manual trans, engine brake and all(think the poster goes by the name of HotelCambodia or some shit like that).

I think the 'trashional(another nickname) would be way cooler!

Are those polished Center Line wheels?

I like them, but they just don't work for that truck.

Comment

That truck could most definitley grow on you, chrome bumper, darker hue of blue,and off white fenders front and rear.

Comment

I'm with Brian on correcting the stance first.

Then I'd paint it a sweet old truck blue (something lighter and flatter than what it has now). I'd follow with a cream grill and cream steelies with chrome baby moons.

Comment

Throw a Cummins in it with a stick from a newer Ram, adjust stance, clean up paint/body, drive it like I stole it. Definitely COOL as all hell, but not ugly.
                    Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Weldangrind
                      I'm with Brian on correcting the stance first.

Then I'd paint it a sweet old truck blue (something lighter and flatter than what it has now). I'd follow with a cream grill and cream steelies with chrome baby moons.
                      By golly I think he's got it! That would make it just right.

Comment

Old school Hemi and blower out the hood and massive meats out back.

Comment

Originally posted by tiresmoke!
                          I'd be too tempted to stuff one of the old inline turbo-diesels(from something like, say, a 1066?) in it.....
                          I like that idea, puttin a tractor engine in a truck, that'd be pretty neat.

Comment

Man we all just need to buy the truck,
                            Fatman Fab in Charlotte NC has a IFS system for these trucks.

Comment

Working...
                            X