Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Pick of the Week: Solid 409 Powered Project Impala

Re: eBay Pick of the Week: Solid 409 Powered Project Impala

someone take that old whores TV set away, she's watching too much bastard and jackoff.
    I would have went $400.. bt fk anybody with a reserve!

Comment

Thats way too much for a "core" car. Growing up in the early 70's I knew 2 guys who had 409's, both had problems, both guys were great mechanics. I don't ever recall in my 48 years someone actually driving a car regularly with a 409. Lot's of 348's but not many 409's. Lot's of show poodles, trailer queens, and auction guests. out there today. I'm sure someone has some positive stories to share. 4-6 K IMO.
      61 Olds 88, 69 Plymouth Roadrunner, 68 Pontiac Firebird, 95 Buick Roadmaster LT1

Comment

At first glance the starting price doesn't seem out of line, but that car is covered with filler and one terrible paint job. No telling what else is (or isn't) under there. Auction says the rockers are good. I'm betting theres a gallon or more of bondo in them alone. Unless they used 2 x 4s as filler like a car I once purchased had.

Comment

If'n I was a good welder and proficient at patch panels.....This would be a good buy. If you were farming that out.....it's WAY over-priced.

Here's the thing that gets me....there are all sorts of minor glitches to getting this car like the manual code block, but that its an auto; its got great seats and stuff, but all of that needs to come out; the title thingy could be sticky; the motor being left 'open' for who knows how long;etc. To top it all off the car wasn't vacuumed or cleaned up at all it seems. I mean....it's not a B-J kind of car, but if you are going to post it up and have a 5-figure reserve....clean it.

Smart money is going to pass this one up.

Comment

I have a friend who lives up near there. I may just send him on an errand.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Nice chrome valve covers, too bad the rest of the cars for shit
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X