Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnstormin': I'm a Clunker-holic

Re: Barnstormin': I'm a Clunker-holic

. . . and have a whoppin' big, "rulingest" barn to hide all those "treasures" from your spouse.

Comment

My friend is a clunker-junk-toy-anything to add to the collection-holic. He works the parts counter at a Honda Dealer, an old lady traded in a primo low mileage 87 Dodge Diplamat, manuel everything, 318, and he got it for, get this,$200. That will be our new crew cab for the rest of summer! It pays to always keep your eye peeled and have a little cash in your pocket.
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Hey, Wheel Horse tractors are the coolest!
        My dad had one for over 20 years that still looked relatively new.
        A collector bought it when Dad sold the farm and moved to town.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I'd say 99.999% of us on here are clunker-holics.

You have a Wheel Horse? What model....I have my late grandfather's '76 A100 lawn tractor(not just nomenclature for Dodge cab-forward trucks).....too cool!

Comment

Brian,

AMEN!

On so many levels in so many ways - AMEN!

Please let me buy you a round at BSEast and discuss this topic with you - we are of the same mind in this debate and I think your collumn should be printed in every car magazine, home improvement magazine, and every small town paper across this nation.

The real failure of our nation in the recent past is the lack of common sense, mechanical sense, good judgement, and utlitarian thought passed to the next generation.

Our great depression great grand parents have left us too soon, the WWII vets all almost all left us, and with those generations we have lost a spirit and philosophy that will be very difficult to replace. Even in this time that some have called "the great depression of our time" the mainstream would still rather throw it out and run to walmart or target for a new one, than actually look into it and see if it can be saved.

I need another beer.
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

So on my drive to a few plants I service I pass this Aspen wagon, white w/ woodgrain sides, no rust visible,asking 750.
              I know better than to even mention this to my wife ,but it really disturbs me not to have this in my driveway. I keep scrap tubing,squares ,angles whatever, never know when a new project will come up.
              It use to be people fixed stuff like starters and alternators, now we just run to the store instead of buying a starter drive or brushes, ahhh, those were the days when mechanics actually fixed what was wrong, not just replaced a part.
              Anybody need any good used points for a Slant 6 Dodge?

Comment

Right on, dude!

Comment

Working...
                X