Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clueless Newspaper Overplays "Cash for Clunkers" Maserati Turn-In

Re: Clueless Newspaper Overplays \

Interesting how most people hear the name Maserati and think of a car that performs like a Ferrari.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
      Interesting how most people hear the name Maserati and think of a car that performs like a Ferrari.
      Nowadays, yes, that's the case. Have you seen the Quattroporte, or the GranTurismo?

It helps that Maserati is owned by Fiat, the same parent company as Ferrari... and Chrysler, nowadays...

Comment

Agreed....the new stuff is bad ass.

Lots of the 80's stuff was just bad.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Pure sex!!!

I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Might be pure sex, but what was traded in was a POS.
            The wife of a former boss had one, and he hated it with a passion.
            Called it a POS Mopar with a Trident on the grille....

Of course, wouldn't you expect this kind of stupid story from the liberal newspapers?
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

My Maserati does 185... I lost my license, now I don't drive...

Perhaps those lyrics propelled the brand further in the public eye than deserved.
              The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Extremely rare cars like the Bi-Turbo are exactly the sorts of potential collector and donor cars that shouldn't be given the "lethal injection" and then shreaded. Losing one European "guzzler" to C4C is worse than losing fifty pickups or Explorers!

Just because the Bi-Turbo wasn't the best Maserati doesn't mean that free market forces ought not decide its value and disposition.

The Bi-Turbo was an interesting "affordable exotic" back in the day. It's still an interesting car (albeit not very reliable or practical)

(BTW, it wasn't the worst Maserati. Remember Lee Iacocca's horrible "Chrysler TC by Maserati?"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_TC_by_Maserati

I've got to respectfully disagree with Brian and "the pushrod mob" on this one. The newspaper should have played it up even more than it did.

Cash for Clunkers is a disaster.

Comment

Re: Clueless Newspaper Overplays

So how much do you think that car would have been driven if it hadn't been turned in? big fuel savings there, eh?

I'm not shedding any tears over the loss of the freak car, but I whole heartedly agree the crushing program is totally bogus

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

That Maserati gets no love from me but these I weep for >
                    one of 50 red Typhoons

EDIT the sy was saved it seems
                    I now have the keys to the Syclone and should get the oK on Monday to get it home. I did get to drive it in the parking lot and it runs, shifts and drives fine but it wants to die in gear but just placing my foot on the gas in gear keeps it going, with or without the AC on. The seats look like new and it really is a solid truck. I would live to find a original black paint door for the because it looks like it still has all factory paint, I will know more when I clean it up. Survivor??

Comment

Originally posted by Memphis
                      That Maserati gets no love from me but these I weep for >
                      one of 50 red Typhoons
                      Neither should be crushed by the Government in a misguided welfare/bailout program, or otherwise.

Note that the more "normal" programs like this become to the non-automotively aware public, the more likely that the appliance motoring/environmentalist politicians will expand them to vandalize and destroy cars and trucks that we DO care about. But for SEMA-SAN, this C4C mess would probably be depleting scores of restorable and parts cars from the '70s and even the '60s.

Freiburger has it correct in the October 2009 Hot Rod. No "cash for clunkers" program is acceptable.

Comment

YEP C 4 C sucks big time!!!!!! >
                        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                        X