• eBay Pick of the Week: Stupid Rare Factory Boss 429 Race Parts

Re: eBay Pick of the Week: Stupid Rare Factory Boss 429 Race Parts

Incredible!
    Big bucks for sure!
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I know I sure would nearly kill for it.

Not fully serious, but you know what I mean...

Comment

both items 'no sale.' Both seemed pretty agressive in price given the economy.

Comment

I want the Can-Am car to go with them. ;D

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by kevracer
            both items 'no sale.' Both seemed pretty agressive in price given the economy.
            The insane prices on this stuff is the reason Jon Kaase did his incredible Kaase Boss 9 heads. He wanted to homologate a Boss 429 for Engine Masters.

Ford Racing Performance Parts and its Muscle Parts ancestor clearly missed the boat with the Boss 429. I suspect that if Chevrolet would have done something like the Boss 429, it would have been sold as a modestly priced crate motor about five minutes after Boss 429 Mustang production wrapped up and would have stayed in the catalog during the past 40 years.

Instead, Ford killed its Muscle Parts program and ceded the factory aftermarket and grassroots motorsports to GM for a decade. Then in 1981, when Ford's SVO started playing catchup, Ford has done virtually nothing to bring back a streetable big-block Boss.

Even now, GM's big block crate motor offerings (and their market share) dwarfs what Ford offers. While Mopar Peformance brought back the Gen II Hemi (even retooling it because the original tooling was lost), Ford did nothing "Boss."

The Boss 429 is arguably the most iconic of the muscle car engines (excluding perhaps the Ford 427 S.O.H.C.) But other than John Coletti's teaser "Boss Mustang" of fifteen years ago and a few "costs-as-much-as-a-house" mountain motor pro stocks (mostly ignored in the IHRA "ghetto") Ford has done ZERO to capitalize on this heritage.

Thousands of Ford builders would use Boss 429-style heads if reasonably priced and/or offered on a decent, reasonably-priced factory crate motor.

Comment

I have an origional Mickey-Thompson(M/T)cast Aluminum Tunnel-Ram Intake for a Boss-429(NO Carbs or Linkage...). it was given to me by a neighbor awhile ago,what's it worth ;)? ~J/W-006.

Comment

Speedzzter, you hit that one out of the park. I'm really pleased that Kaase brought the 429 back, but he'll probably go out of production before I can put the scratch together to buy.

Ford just seems to miss the ability to capitalize on its considerable motorsports heritage. Instead they send attorneys to knock on the doors of any vendor that uses the "blue oval", "Mustang", etc. Its a sad state.

Bob

Comment

The Kaase heads are beautiful the whole set up rockers are always the tough part in a 429. Theres only one big problem that I know about you can't get them ;D how does that work?? I know a guy who put his deposit in over a year ago every time he calls there in machining couple more weeks this went on for a year and finally said forget it and took his money back...... Anyway I can't wait to use a set at some point

Comment

bob glidden won the NHRA pro stock championship 5 years in a row with the boss 429

Comment

I'll be buying a sponsorship under the name: Seymore Butts

Comment

Sorry guys. Please ignore my last post. Thought I was replying to the Drag Week thread...

Comment

Originally posted by FIREBALLMONZA
                          The Kaase heads are beautiful the whole set up rockers are always the tough part in a 429. Theres only one big problem that I know about you can't get them ;D how does that work?? I know a guy who put his deposit in over a year ago every time he calls there in machining couple more weeks this went on for a year and finally said forget it and took his money back...... Anyway I can't wait to use a set at some point
                          So if they aren't available to the public, are they legal for EMC? Man that's a bummer that he couldn't get 'em. Kaase's work is top notch and I'm a fan of his work in the EMC.

Comment

I know the guy Jon is talking about.

He had to settle for an Alan Root setup.

Poor guy. :D

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

:...

Comment

Working...
                              X