Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinstriping Ain't Dead; Aging Gracefully

Re: Pinstriping Ain't Dead; Aging Gracefully

I have always marveled at the artists who could do this disipline well.
    Looks bitchin' on any kind of ride too.

Comment

This reminds me....need to check prices on some pinstriping for my truck(the Chevy, not the Pete).

WM is spot-on...pinstriping looks good on anything!

We have a few local 'stripers....one goes by the handle of "Bikini"(his name is Bob, old dude, forget his last name).

Well-known for outrageous free-hand/free-form pinstriping and lettering for semis and dump trucks in this area....does cars and such as well(striped the back of the entrance door to the shop where I hauled heavy machinery....bitchin' design!).

"Bikini" is a recovering alcoholic...cleaned up a few years ago, butstill has his dirty sense of humor(which I can appreciate).....he was sauced for YEARS. I actually watched him letter a truck when I was still a diesel mechanic at the local Navistar dealership(IH trucks).

He came in with his wooden case of paints, brushes and such....looked(and smelled)like they'd picked him up from Wheeler Mission downtown...no exaggeration.

Approached the truck to be worked on....studied it for a moment.

Opened a few cans , got out his brushes, dipped one in.....hands shook like a dead leaf in the wind, but straightened out about an inch from the door and performed the work of a true artist.....not one screwed-up line or spilled paint.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster
        I have always marveled at the artists who could do this disipline well.
        Looks bitchin' on any kind of ride too.
        You are absolutely correct. I love it. Whenever I get the Champ repainted I hope to be able to get some pinstriping done on it.

Comment

Working...
        X