X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Points Bulletin: Truck full of Nitromethane Stolen

Re: All Points Bulletin: Truck full of Nitromethane Stolen

I hope they find it soon.
    Would hate for another nutcase to use it to blow up a building.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Dude, that's harsh.
      Think positive thoughts... will ya?

Comment

The truck was already recovered on Sunday morning.

The bigger problem is the guy who owns the rig and all the racing fuel and nitromethane he owes to dozens and dozens and dozens of racers. :o

Comment

Originally posted by Podium Finish
          The truck was already recovered on Sunday morning.
          Full or empty ?

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster

Full or empty ?
            As stolen.

Comment

BRIAN & MEMBERS:

Would like to see follow-up story about truck's recovery.

If company owner's last name happens to begin with "Mc," I'd be highly suspicious of the circumstances, based on shady dealings in the past. (Nobody's thinking "positive" thoughts about THAT nitro dealer from Nevada!)

?D2

Comment

D-duce, my initial thoughts on the whole situation as I have an understanding of whom operates that company but with the disasterous potential of that junk in the wrong hands...well, you know where I'm going.

Follow up is forth coming!

Brian
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I may be wrong, so correct me if I am. Wasn't ammonium nitrate and diesel fuel used as a bomb in Oklahoma City and not nitromethane?

Comment

A timeline from the Indy Star. They call it a "Texas Track" it is actually the Texas Motorplex.

Sept. 13: Timothy McVeigh begins his plot to blow up the Oklahoma City federal building.

Sept. 30: The first ton of ammonium nitrate is bought for the bomb from a farm co-op in McPherson, Kan.

Oct. 18: The second ton of fertilizer is purchased.

Oct. 21: McVeigh, disguised as a biker, buys $2,775 worth of nitromethane racing fuel for the bomb at a Texas track.

Dec. 16: McVeigh drives by the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and points it out as his target to his friend, Michael Fortier.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hmm, you're right. There was almost 9 times as much explosives used as I thought, no wonder blasters say if he knew what he was doing they would have levelled the whole block with what they had.... Just under what we use in six drill holes.
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

YIKES!!!

Speaking as a Haz-Mat hauler, this is precisely why Haz-Mat loads should NEVER be left un-attended.....

Yet another reason I don't stop for ANYTHING from the load point to the delivery point...left door stays shut, wheels stay rolling, lesser chance of being hijacked

Of course, it makes it harder if it's an inside job, but I digress....awaiting an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          A timeline from the Indy Star. They call it a "Texas Track" it is actually the Texas Motorplex.

Sept. 13: Timothy McVeigh begins his plot to blow up the Oklahoma City federal building.

Sept. 30: The first ton of ammonium nitrate is bought for the bomb from a farm co-op in McPherson, Kan.

Oct. 18: The second ton of fertilizer is purchased.

Oct. 21: McVeigh, disguised as a biker, buys $2,775 worth of nitromethane racing fuel for the bomb at a Texas track.

Dec. 16: McVeigh drives by the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building and points it out as his target to his friend, Michael Fortier.

Never knew this. When I heard about the fuel and ammonium nitrate, I thought it was diesel.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The truth eventually comes out.

The nitro rig was REPOED!

Comment

Working...
                            X