Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eBay Pick of the Week: A 1952 Mack In Need of a Wee Bit of TLC

Re: eBay Pick of the Week: A 1952 Mack In Need of a Wee Bit of TLC

looks like there's an extra zero in the starting bid. and what's with the reserve?
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Mack made them as pick-ups already, they were called Mack Jr.s. When my Dad was a kid, he went to the Bronx Zoo, they had these painted like Zebras pulling carts around to haul the food to feed the animals.
      Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

eBay Pick of the Week: A 1952 Mack In Need of a Wee Bit of TLC

I drove a '62 B Model ten when I worked at a concrete place in high school. The steering wheel was about three feet across. There is a B Model for sale near my house and the wife has vetoed making it our plow truck.

Comment

Your not a Truck Driver till you drive an old two stick Mack with no power steering, (as my Dad would say).

Comment

One race that will be embedded in my skull forever was a race at Atlanta Motor Speedway, the Nascar track, between semi's. The one that won was an oxide brown primered old ass Mack that drove itself to the race. Most of the trucks were trucked in for the race. They lost. Forty big rigs going flat out on the high banks was totally awesome.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

That old bulldog needs/deserves a full restoration....

Don't get me wrong, I liked the Blastolene Pete and the version in the current issue of HR.....but for all the channeling and chopping, slicks and such, nothing beats the sights, sounds and smells of ridin' and guidin' an old rig...2-stickers will keep ya limber for sure.

This Mack really isn't missing all that much, to be honest. A radiator, hood top/sides(likely what we call a "butterly" or "gullwing" hood)..likely had a steel beam for a bumper anyways.

I'd say that old thing could pull a house off it's foundation by just putting the sticks "in the basement", let out on the clutch....and just let it idle.

Comment

Brian- this isn't that far away...

The guy also has a B Model for sale to.

Comment

only problem driving old with Macks is the old saying, "one a--hole looking through the windshield at another a--hole". Hey Tiresmoke, you ever see/drive an old Mack with a quad box, three sticks? My Dad had a 1958 B-85 wrecker that had one, third stick was double reduction. that truck taught me the term shutter gear.

Comment

Originally posted by prlafayette
                    Brian- this isn't that far away...

The guy also has a B Model for sale to.
                    Paul you are a bad man.....buy the B, it'll be a present for your wife upon the birth of your soon to come kiddo
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I've seen a few 3-stickers, never messed with'em...last 2-stick Mack I drove was a lime spreader, and that was just to load it up on the lowboy that I was pulling at the time(miss that stuff).

*THREADJACK ALERT*
                      Nicest B-model Mack I've ever seen is one a fellow driver/buddy of mine I used to work with and his cousin resto-modded for a guy...next time I see him, I'll have to get a couple of pics from him to post here....he showed his album of build pics to Bryan Martin(4-state Trucks, Chrome Shop Mafia, Trick My Truck) at this year's Mid-America Trucking show, and his jaw damn near hit the floor.
                      *THREADJACK OVER*

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
                        Your not a Truck Driver till you drive an old two stick Mack with no power steering, (as my Dad would say).
                        That's what I learned to drive in-1967 twin sticker. All sorts of fun.
                        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
                        X