Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Gallery: The 2009 HAMB Drags

Re: Event Gallery: The 2009 HAMB Drags

Good work gents, nice photos, thank you for sharing.
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

Thanks for the Pics! almost like bein' there.
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Thanks Brian for the help in posting these pics. My camera decided to take a dump about 60 pics in, so Cobey's camera bailed us out the rest of the day. This was the most fun I've had at MoKan in a long time. I couldn't believe how many cool cars were out there. I've also never seen the track so packed. The pits were completely full and the spectator side was full of race cars too. They even had to stop registering cars and had to turn some away because there just wasn't room for any more. This event will definitely be a must-attend from now on for me!

BTW, who's that dork with the goofy smile next to the killer yellow sedan in pic #97? Oh yeah, that's me!

Andy

Comment

Great job guys!!! That three carbed I-6 and Savoy Altered were too much. Awesome!!!! Ditto on the "just like being there".
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Yep, thanks for posting these pictures. Lot's of cool stuff. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
              Great job guys!!! That three carbed I-6 and Savoy Altered were too much. Awesome!!!! Ditto on the "just like being there".
              that savoy was awesome. i loved the hood ;)

Comment

:D :D :D thanks brian you did a awsome job with our pics!!!!
                the hamb drags are one of my favorite events of the year!!!
                thanks to andy, Im on his computer, mine took a BIG CRAP :'(
                when i was loading the pics, right after I sent the PM to brian it
                died. Ill see you all when my computer gets better! :D
                man I miss you guys already.
                COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Yeah, the HAMB Drags was a hoot! I made a few passes with my '31 Ford there. Thanks for the 2 pics of it in your coverage! The Morris Minor that you have a picture of belongs to a friend. He just got it finished in time for the race. I'm now getting started with modifying my '63 Chevy II bracket car into a straight axle, altered wheelbase car for next year's HAMB Drags. It'll be a blast!

Comment

Hey John,

Thanks for joining up! We have a project car section that is perfect to show off your Chevy II build!

Are you going to keep that killer A?

Brian
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hey Brian. I will be keeping the Model A. Built it myself over a 2 year period. Started driving it ( legally ) in January. I've put about 1800 miles on it since then. Going to Joplin for the drags was the furthest I've driven it so far. Not a fast car, I ran a best of 13.26. But it sure was fun driving it to the HAMB Drags from my home near Wichita. I'm 55 years old, and in all my years of drag racing, I have never had as great a time as I did at this race. Everyone I talked to was friendly. Not the typical clickish attitudes that you get at most races. This was a non-competitive race. No eliminations. Basically just time runs in about 7 different classes. There were trophys handed out to the fastest cars in each class, I guess. I didn't get one! And the cars were just mind blowing! It took me back decades! Reminded me of when I first went to watch a drag race back in '69. Straight axle cars, old time hot rods making quarter mile runs, and so on. No big money boys there either. The lack of prize money keeps this a low key event. You gotta check it out next year. Hope to have my high 9-second Chevy II converted by then. Read all about the race on the HAMB. Later, John

Comment

that sounds awsome john, welcome to bangshift!!!! :D :D :D
                        COBEY..... franklin, kansas

Comment

Working...
                        X