Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden Impact: 1969 GTO Judge Loses Fight With Pole

Re: Sudden Impact: 1969 GTO Judge Loses Fight With Pole

Usually Id say "That will buff out" But I dont think so this time.That just plain SUX!!!

Comment

Perhaps there are skid marks, he could have hit the pole and spun around it... look at the first picture. Or the last picture, there's some form of skid mark under the right rear tire.... but I think you're right, that was a non-survival accident - the ambulance is still there....
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

In two weeks it will be in Hemmings as " Light Hit, Easy Fix"
        Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

No skid marks =Suicide?

Those skid marks are questionable imho. I mean they are there, but I don't think they are from the car on the pole. If the car was coming from the other direction it would have had to spin around on the pole, but when looking at the front of the car the surface of the pole opposite of the car is not skinned up enough to have been hit by the car. O of course I am no detective and I may be all wet with my guess work.

Comment

Get Bamfstr on it! ;D ;D

Comment

I think it looks like he hit it straight on, but what's surprising is that the pole is still intact. I hit one with an Avenger I had and it broke and fell over. My Avenger wasn't nearly as bad as this gto, and my car was supposed to crush, which is why I walked away, but wow, that pole's still standing.

Comment

Horrible and sad.

It reinforces why a lot more people than have cages in their muscle cars need them. Crash integrity was not the strong suit of 1960s cars.

And let's everybody double check our throttle return springs, just in case.

Comment

to the owner of the Judge...this is a completely appropriate time to cry like a baby.

Comment

The Carousel Red 69 GTO's with hideaway headlights was always tops on my wish list of cars. RIP.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Major ouch. I hope it wasn't a real judge, but even if it wasn't, it was still a really badass GTO.

And hopefully the driver makes a full recovery. I seriously hope he wasn't doing something stupid right before this happened.

Comment

It has been reported, but not 100% confirmed that the driver passed away from injuries sustained in the wreck.

Brian
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Keep us posted on condition of driver. According to the plate, the owner was born in 1950. Surely someone of that age could not have done something like this? Any other details come out?

Comment

Working...
                          X