Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breathing Fire: Jon Asher Aims the Heavy Guns at NHRA Brass

Re: Breathing Fire: Jon Asher Aims the Heavy Guns at NHRA Brass

Isn't Jon Asher always calling for heads to roll ?

Comment

I'd offer this:

If the NHRA is unsatisfactory to those involved(I'm not really knowledgeable to their operating practices, but from what I've seen...not all that impressed) I'm sure the IHRA and ADRL will/would be more than willing to welcome any "defectors".

"Countdown to the Championship".....BAH!

Comment

With the terrible air times on ESPN2, and the fact that most of my favorite drivers have lost their rides, I don't think I've watched a whole race broadcast this year. I went and saw the race at Norwalk, but that was because I bought the tickets in January. I don't know if I'll go back next year. I definitely think the top management guys at NHRA are screwing up the sport. They seem really focused on making themselves a lot of money, and I think they've completely lost sight of what's good for the sport, the fans, or the racers. I really hate the countdown too.

When NHRA coverage is supposed to start at 10 PM Sunday night, and gets preempted for an hour by little league baseball, and the qualifying show runs from 1 to 3 AM, I'd say they're probably not pulling the ratings they need to.

I'd rather see coverage of the nostalgia top fuel / funny cars.

Comment

what does paul page think ?

Comment

IMO it boils down to employee attitude, from top to bottom, with exceptions of course. If you could fill the ranks with people that are race fans themselves, more concerned with good competition than personal convenience, the sport would explode.

Comment

Both those articles were very good reading.

Never really cared much for Jon Asher's writing, but these articles were very well done.

Comment

compton makes 300-400k a year at nhra
                that is a lot of national dragster subs

Comment

When did they cut his pay 100k?

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

1000ft. racing sucks, the chase sucks and the NHRA sucks.........i basically quit watching when they went to the "chase" format and the '1000 was a kick in the nuts but this year really blows, kinda like NAYCAR........

Comment

Mr. Blue,

Thanks for joining in the fun! You seem like a dude with opinions....that's a good thing around here!

Thanks again,

Brian and Chad
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                      X