Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dweebs Dig It: Consumer Reports Picks Mustang Over Camaro, Challenger, and Others

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Dweebs Dig It: Consumer Reports Picks Mustang Over Camaro, Challenger, and Others

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    The convention would look like a Billy Ray Cyrus concert with the mullet situation it would surely have.

Brian
    Man, there you go again, Bruab... You confused a Road Runner with a Camaro!

We are gonna have to have a loooooong talk.

;D

Ron (I have owned a Road Runner since 1986 and have NEVER had a mullet) Ward
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Re: The Dweebs Dig It: Consumer Reports Picks Mustang Over Camaro, Challenger, and Others

you didn't specify that junior
      any aftermarket hot roddy parts on a warranty car gets the estimate sheet out

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
        you didn't specify that junior
        any aftermarket hot roddy parts on a warranty car gets the estimate sheet out
        That shouldn't always be the case. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act (a Federal law applicable in all fifty states ("57 states" for certain politicians ;)) that does not allow categorical voiding of a warranty merely because of the presence of aftermarket parts. The aftermarket parts must be shown to directly have caused the particular failure at issue for the warranty to be voidable.

However, there are plenty of dealership service writers who are ignorant of the law and/or just like to rip people off. Thus, getting a warranty adjustment on a modified car is often a time-consuming battle. (Which is all the more reason to take Ford Racing up on the warrantied "performance packs" offer).

Comment

Actually back in the day(mid 80's)I worked at NAPA, it was the Magnuson-Ferguson Act.

Comment

I'm going to stay with "Magnuson-Moss" . . . http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/busi...#Magnuson-Moss; http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht..._15_10_50.html

BTW, I used to work for Western Auto in the '80s [RIP] . . . (Hey Gerry "Th'" Lord, Cliff Upchurch, and Phil Baum: The "B52" lives! ??? Heh, heh, heh!).

Comment

Not a lawyer,many codes dealing with this particular item,
              but my only point is that it was once called the Magnuson-Ferguson Act, and it had to do with the McCarren -Ferguson Act which dealt with break down warranties, so be it ,its now the Magnuson-Moss Act

Comment

Working...
              X