Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW to Own Porsche; New Panamera Still Born

Re: VW to Own Porsche; New Panamera Still Born

Probably the best thing that could have happened to Porsche, keep it in the family.
    Killing off the bizarre looking Panamera sedan was the best financial decision VW has made since buying Porsche.

Comment

I'm the weirdo that thinks the Panamera looks awesome. They've been constantly criticized for the Cayenne but it's their biggest seller-more than everything else combined IIRC. If they can raise the bar for sport sedans I say let them. I hope they survive this mess intact but I'm afraid the company will get neutered in the deal and that would be a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr4Speed
        I'm the weirdo that thinks the Panamera looks awesome.

HEY!! OVER HERE !!! WE FOUND HIM!!! :D

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I think Porsche, like many companies these days. has forgotten its roots. I have never figured out why they went the route of the SUV and lately the four door sedan. Then VW too has gone quite a bit away from its original product. The Phantom (sp?) was perfect example of that. Thankfully, IMHO, that monstrosity has gone by the wayside, although the new CC might be its replacement.

I do think what VW has done to (for?) Porsche will bring things back into perspective. Let Porsche do what Porsche has always done -- make good, reliable, fast sports cars. Let VW build the people movers. Let Audi build the luxury, high end performance sedans. What a family.

Comment

porsche ,dropping down even more by being connected to the loathsome volkswaen
            the lowest customer satisfaction car out there

Comment

That's fascinating since I just saw a whole bunch of Porsches, including a pair of Panamera sedans, at the Hotel Bel Air. They were being picked up by a transport company. Some gold chain wearing putz was bothering the truck driver about the Panamera, insisting that he wants one, the first one. The truck driver just looked at him and told him to call his Porsche dealer.

Since this story came out of Santa Monica, CA; I'm gonna put two and two together and say the big wig meeting was here in Cali.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                porsche ,dropping down even more by being connected to the loathsome volkswaen
                the lowest customer satisfaction car out there
                According the JD Power online the VW ratings (Jetta and Passat) are about the same as Chevy's Cobalt and Impala. A little better than some of Chrysler's stuff. Toyota and Honda only a little better than the VW. We are very satisfied with our Jetta. Quick, handles great and wonderful gas mileage. I don't think VW's customer satisfaction is that much different than its competition. In this area Porsche sales seem pretty good. I don't have the numbers, put there are Porsches everywhere. VW's are no where as numerous as Toyotas and Hondas, but there are plenty out there and according the local dealer their sales are good. I know some models don't stay on the lot very long, especially the TDI's

I don't think the VW buyout of Porsche will hurt either of the two. It might well strengthen them both.

Comment

[quote[porsche ,dropping down even more by being connected to the loathsome volkswaen
                  the lowest customer satisfaction car out there [/quote]

Yer bowtie blinders getting in the way of the truth again, Jim?
                  Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

i think the cayenne is a nice looking vehical. it is fast and fairly respectable off road. it's a good vehical and still in the sports car realm. the panamerica is just plan ugly. if you want to make a sports sedan, fine, but don't make it ugly. ugly doesn't work. just ask pontiac (aztec). volkswagen is a big company and can provide a flow of money into porsche.
                    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

"Porsche will be forced to discontinue the Cayenne and Panamera after their product cycles are complete around seven years from now..."

(italics mine)

You'd think that the Germans would have learned by now to put their energy into the product, not corporate re-shuffling, but hey they all know what their doing, right? Anyhow, looks like the Pan Am may actually be safe for now.

Comment

MAYBE WITH THE DEATH OF GENERAL MOTORS ...... no mahindra will be the car of the millenium

Comment

volks sales in the USA - hyundai still beats them
                          overpriced - troublesome

Comment

Working...
                          X