• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Feature: Jim Sartori's Aluminum FE Powered 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe

Re: Car Feature: Jim Sartori's Aluminum FE Powered 1940 Ford Deluxe Coupe

Look at that thing. Just beautiful.

Comment

That car is just georeous, and an all-aluminum, 485ci Ford FE motor that puts out more than 600 horsepower !!
      Oh yeah !!!

Comment

That is one beautiful machine.
        It's not the destination, but the journey and the friends you make along the way that counts.

Comment

With an exhaust note like that, the "revenuers" would have heard that moonshiner runner a mile a way (not that Buckshot Morris, Red Vogt, Lloyd Seay, or Raymond Parks would have turned up their noses at a LeMans-style FE back in the day (http://www.legendsofnascar.com/Lloyd_Seay.htm))

This well-turned coupe is a good antidote for too many belly-button "billet-n-crate-SBC" street rods!

Comment

I think he's built the perfect 40 Ford.
            is it possible to be in love with a car?
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

What a classic hot rod!
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Yep thats the perfect 40 ford alright!

Comment

nice...now we just need a few cases of shine in the trunk, a dirt road, and Rosco P. Coltrain and we could have a great time.

Comment

This is one of those "That Car's" for me. I was never really into that style car until I saw this one. Excellent job by all the guys that touched it.

Comment

Love it. Only wish my fathers 40 looked that good.

Comment

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET 8)
                        that's my style.
                        Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

This is the absolute pinnacle of badderasserness!
                          There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I raced this car at Tasca Day in 2010 at New England Dragway. This is an OUTSTANDING automobile! I was equally amazed how quick it was.
                            Great build, Jim!

Lance Norman
                            Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Wow back from the dead.....
                              Hate to be "that guy" but thats a Tunnel Wedge intake not a High Riser.
                              Sorry it's just me.

That said being the thread is 2 year old does it have mufflers now?

Comment

Working...
                              X