Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Audi President Says Chevy Volt is a Car for Idiots; We Think It Sounds Like a Perfect Fit For Him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Audi President Says Chevy Volt is a Car for Idiots; We Think It Sounds Like a Perfect Fit For Hi

audi builds a hopelessly poor car ....
    they don't have anywhere near the technology GM had as of march 30, 2009

Comment

Re: Audi President Says Chevy Volt is a Car for Idiots; We Think It Sounds Like a Perfect Fit For Hi

Still defending old GM when the new GM ain't so cool.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

for a very brief time I looked at a couple audis; until I saw the cost of ownership..... they are not the world's most reliable car.
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Electrics are the answer if the original generating source is a clean one. We don't have that here. and neither does most of the rest of the world...

- the oil companies run the world right? -

then diesels win.

That Douchebag Audi Elitist makes logical points. Just not very politically correct - from our demographic perspective at least ...

I like turbo diesels. untill we can get electricity generation done cheaply and green. So long as we get rid of these damn Hybrids. What a bunch of crap designed to sell service. geez. overly complex marketing junk.
          Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

I'm with Scott on the Diesel should be the focus for high mpg fuel. Here it's still twenty or so cents cheaper than regular gas.

The Volt is the type of car I could probably get away driving. My commute is 18miles round trip with no traffic, so in theory I should be able to plug the car in every other day. Electricity around here is dirt cheap, I think something like 4 to 6 cents a kilowatt. Problem is do I want to drive it in the winter when the batteries are the least efficient and there is ice and snow on the roads? That thing got an electric heater too?
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

california doesn't like diesels [neither do i ] you will never see a big push towards diesels
              gee , if we could just use the oil we have here ........

Comment

Originally posted by studemax
                Still defending old GM when the new GM ain't so cool.
                That would explain why Audi dominated the 24 Heures Du Mans for the better part of a decade . . . . (meanwhile Chevy, running almost by themselves in an GT inferior class, couldn't even manage to match the four-in-a-row record of Ford's GT (1966-1969)).

Say what you will, but the average Audi is a far sight more sophisticated and refined than the average Chevy (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Comment

The ZR1 will eat the R8 alive. What else needs to be said.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

For the record, I still think the guy is a douche.

Brian
                    Name one marketing guy at the top of a major car company that isn't (excluding St. "Maximum Bob" Lutz, of course). Those jobs are some of the most politically smarmy in the world.

Comment

I'll further clarify....

He's a first class douche, heads and shoulders above his average douche level peers. :D

I do agree with you, but this guy isn't marketing, he's the president of Audi America. (Ok fine, EVERYONE is in marketing at that level, I understand). Lutz has enough brain to at least phrase those types of feelings into something other than a blantant insult.

Brian
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
                        Okay, I don't want to be branded an Audi fan . . . but wouldn't the VW boys (Audi's parent) just break out a Bugatti Veyron to put that little "Chev-uh-lay" back in its place?

BTW, I recently read a comparision test wherein the ZR1 punished the test drivers with beaucoup acceleration (best of the test), BUT when all the scores were added up, it finished behind all sorts of machinery, including a Shelby GT500 and a Porsche 911 variant. . . . I'll track down the citation on it.
                        I'll further clarify....

He's a first class douche, heads and shoulders above his average douche level peers. :D

I do agree with you, but this guy isn't marketing, he's the president of Audi America. (Ok fine, EVERYONE is in marketing at that level, I understand). Lutz has enough brain to at least phrase those types of feelings into something other than a blantant insult.

Brian
                        True enough.

But he's still probably correct (which makes it even worse for the GM fanatics (I'm down with Ford, so all of this is academic to me . . . until Alan Mulally and Bill Ford amp up their own plug-in "Green Halo" model)).

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
                          Originally posted by Woodward_Dreams
                          Okay, I don't want to be branded an Audi fan . . . but wouldn't the VW boys (Audi's parent) just break out a Bugatti Veyron to put that little "Chev-uh-lay" back in its place?
                          As insane as it sounds, a head to head comparo of the 1.3 million Bugatti and the 100k ZR1 would be awesome. Is it possible that the Bugatti is actually 1.2 million more car? It would be an awesome. Screw it, throw the Ford in there too.

This is a Roy Jones Jr. Vs Mike Tyson argument.

Is it the pound for pound fighter or hay making heavyweight that deserves our praise?

(Both on many levels I'd say, but us folks who still eat our cheese out of a can will always side with the pound for pound guy in our hearts)

Speedy, dinner and beers on me at some point when we cross paths. The conversation would kick some ass!

Brian
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Is it possible that the Bugatti is actually 1.2 million more car? Brian
                            Of course not! The Veyron has about as much bang-for-the-buck value as a pair of Manolo Blahniks or a ride to "the Continent" on the Concorde (back when it flew).

Of course, the real question for Bangshifters is whether a ZR1 is really $90,000 better than a $1,000 pony car that's been home-fitted with a 700-h.p. crate engine and some suspension bolt-ons? (With the possible exclusions of attracting the opposite sex, and that whole warranty thing, I think not)

Comment

The Veyron weighs over 1000 lbs more than the ZR1, so there's no way it handles better. It does have awd, but you can't exactly do burnouts in that thing...

oh i almost forgot, the Veyron is BUTT UGLY

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                                california doesn't like diesels [neither do i ] you will never see a big push towards diesels
                                gee , if we could just use the oil we have here ........
                                I would disagree, VW is selling the TDI diesel very well here in the states ever since they came up with a way to market it to the US people...by attacking the lack of power and sound of a hybrid while whipping it's butt in fuel economy.

I think it's only a matter of time before one of the big three (and it won't be GM or Chrysler) goes after a the diesel car market.

Also it really does not matter how well the Volt (or any GM for that matter does) GM will NEVER be released from government control.
                                www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Comment

Working...
                                X