Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Garlits Eliminated Out At Indy; Becomes Incredibly Overqualified Spectator For Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garlits Eliminated Out At Indy; Becomes Incredibly Overqualified Spectator For Weekend

Re: Garlits Eliminated Out At Indy; Becomes Incredibly Overqualified Spectator For Weekend

Nothing like being beaten by the best . . . .

Of course ol' "Don Garbage" probably wishes he could have "tipped the can" on that Challenger little a bit (dang rules!) . . . .

Comment

Re: Garlits Eliminated Out At Indy; Becomes Incredibly Overqualified Spectator For Weekend

I don't think TC Lemons was banging keys on the lap top tuning that car between rounds.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Well, damn it anyways!

Came down the west side of the track on Wally Parks Drive bringing the semi in for the week yesterday(Raceway Road and CR 300 is a frickin' NIGHTMARE for a tanker to turn on during race events), and seen the Large Father's Chally sitting alongside the perimeter fence.....2 thoughts came to mind:

1) Seeing the Garlits Challenger in person is way cool
        2) Seeing Don Garlits pitted anywhere but up by the tower is just weird

I'll see if I can get some pics when I head out there tomorrow.......in full BangShift regalia, of course!

Comment

Well, he'll probably end up giving some commentary in the booth with Dunn.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

his car has an ongoing problem with software, rev limiter is set tooo low, will not stay up. OTOH, he cut an .007 light on the round he lost against fletcher, so there isn't much wrong with his driving..................
            67 Fairlane 434 ci/464 hp/488 tq-RIP
            05 GTO torrid red/red gut, LS2, Auto (my knees hurt!)

Comment

Originally posted by stage1scott
              his car has an ongoing problem with software, rev limiter is set tooo low, will not stay up. OTOH, he cut an .007 light on the round he lost against fletcher, so there isn't much wrong with his driving..................
              the chrysler software is a BITCH to get right, if that's what they're trying to use. they need to ditch that crap for a Motec! (or EMS-pro, if the economy has them in low buck mode. heh)
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

I am an ass and should have trusted my instincts.

He lost in Class runoffs. He can still run in the eliminator if he chooses. He has not been retired for the weekend (unless he wants to be).

Fail by me.

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                  the chrysler software is a BITCH to get right, if that's what they're trying to use. they need to ditch that crap for a Motec! (or EMS-pro, if the economy has them in low buck mode. heh)
                  I do not know the ins and outs of what they are allowed, considering the entire car is a kind of bogus stocker to begin with-the intake manifold on that thing looks like a modified production stow away, and NO street driven challengers came with a carb, so it shouldn'tbe allowed anywhere below superstock anyway, but thats another arguemtn for another time

Comment

Scott, this car has EFI

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      I am an ass and should have trusted my instincts.

He lost in Class runoffs. He can still run in the eliminator if he chooses. He has not been retired for the weekend (unless he wants to be).

Fail by me.

Brian
                      actually, it took -900 or better to qualify for the eliminator, which his et was not low enough for, so you are correct sir-he is out for the weekend. I did not realize it is efi-but-it still has a gargantuan intake not used on any production car and therefore, not "stock"

Comment

Scott, you're right the intake manifold is a total weirdo piece. There's a throttle body on top and the injectors are wayyyy down the runners.

I think the CJ Mustangs are cooler.

Brian

Comment

yes it is efi-but-look at the size of this intake

Comment

I was at the track today and took some pics for the site but I'll go back tomorrow and get more, I just can't focus on taking pictures with all the cars around. Also, in the spirit of cooperation I'll allot space for 3 non-mopar pics on my card. ;D Actually there was a Ford that was awesome and I'll get pics.

Comment

yes it is efi-but-look at the size of this intake

I've seen a bunch just like it on....ummmm.....

Comment

Working...
                              X