X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a Suprise: Danica is Coming to NASCAR

Re: Not a Suprise: Danica is Coming to NASCAR

Not a surprise?

Sure, there have been rumors for years... but I thought everyone agreed that those rumors were started by her camp to help ensure she gets the best contract renewal she could get with the indy car people.

Hell, Daryl Waltrip actually said it on a broadcast I saw! He even went on to say (and this really was stupid of him) that the Cup cars are bigger and heavier than the Indy cars she's used to and that she doesn't have the body strength or endurance to handle them. It made me wonder when they removed the power steering from the NASCAR cup cars.

I think it's cool! I may actually go seek an autograph or a picture next Feb in Daytona if she's there. I usually just hang out on the infield drinking and partying.

Comment

Her and Jr could team up...
      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

According to the Miami Herald report, she hasn't resigned with AGR for '10 even though Speed was reporting it for several days a couple weeks back. I guess the report was based on rumor, rather than fact.

Considering news agencies are more concerned with scooping the competition than they are actually reporting facts; I'm gonna wait 'til I see the press conference announcing her switch.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

She may never win a race or championship in a cup car if she makes the move but, one thing I am sure of, she will bring alot of new fans to nascar and there is one word for that-MONEY!!!!!!!
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Originally posted by mustang13
            She may never win a race or championship in a cup car if she makes the move but, one thing I am sure of, she will bring alot of new fans to nascar
            Why??

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
              Originally posted by mustang13
              She may never win a race or championship in a cup car if she makes the move but, one thing I am sure of, she will bring alot of new fans to nascar
              Why??
              Yeah! WHY might she never win a race or a championship?

I think I know what you meant. ;) ... but tons of female "casual fans" of nascar pick a driver based on his looks... I betcha there will be plenty of instant Danica fans.

Comment

Oh, I hope she kicks ass in a stocker, but, the point I was trying to make, she will bring LOTS of cash when she comes. Thats a sure thing. I think thats why Smoke is looking her way, sponsor money and fan base are a lock before a lap is even run.
                Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

but tons of female "casual fans" of nascar pick a driver based on his looks... I betcha there will be plenty of instant Danica fans.
                  Oh, yeah - "rubbin" is racin'.

Comment

Originally posted by yellomalibu
                    she's a mediocre driver?
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                      Originally posted by yellomalibu
                      she's a mediocre driver?
                      I'd have to agree with DG here. She's gotten by on looks and being an oddity. I just don't think it will work in Nascar.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Going from mid-pack in a dying open-wheel series to back of the pack in NASCAR. While it seems to be a pretty bad move, you have to wonder if she's jumping ship just before the IRL dies. If that's the thought process, its probably pretty astute.

If you saw her recent "attempted" interview with Tommy Kendall on Dave Despain's "Wind Tunnel" she ought to stick to the scripted Go-Daddy commercials. Her arrogance and admitted efforts to avoid fans will not play well in NASCAR.

Her 15 minutes of fame has run long, hopefully this will finally spell curtains on the act.

Comment

Jack Arute gives a kinda annoying interview.

This is one of the best interviews... ever... with Indy Racing League stare Danica Patrick by motorsports journalist Jack Arute. It appeared on the IRL telec...

I think Danica is the Female Tiger Woods of motorsports. Dad clearly called most of the shots.
                          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

she is going to HUGE - janet guthrie jr
                            lets make lots of money

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

I think Danica is the Female Tiger Woods of motorsports. Dad clearly called most of the shots.
                              Except for the missing victories!! Tiger Woods has dominated the game. Can't say the same for Danica.

Comment

Working...
                              X