Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Out, The Smog Police Have Gone Mobile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Watch Out, The Smog Police Have Gone Mobile!

That testing makes me frown. There are tiny engines that may smoke to something imperfect, and still be 4 times less the consumption of a v8 that would pass. And EGR. the biggest suicide california ever came up with. honest to my own belief, I will never live in california with what I can just simply read with politics and cars. I hope someone gets rprecise about EGR origin..I would love a fact to put that on.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

What's wrong with EGR? don't hurt nuthin

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

EGR's were developed for engines that had high combustion temperatures, nothing like some inhert exhaust gas to cool the combustion chamber down and drop NOx.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

A while back, NY would just show up at a shop with a car that wouldn't pass and see if they could buy the inspection. If they did, you were shut down. Now in NY if you have a OBD II car it must be plugged into the testing equipment while running the rollers. If it's pre-1996 then there's a camera mounted on the testing machine that records the tech running the test from pulling it onto the rollers until backing it off.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X