• Show
Clear All

• FANTASY FACTORY
    replied
    Re: John Force Fined $10,000 for Indy Altercation

Both men got exactly what they wanted from that lil shoving match,
    PRODUCT EXPOSURE FOR THEIR SPONSORS.
    10k, psh, thats a dinner bill.
    my wife works for the PR firm that handled COKE during the New Coke fiasco, no less than 3 scenarios were laid out ahead of the release, it was a planned flop from the get go!
    same here, instead of a 10 sec slot on the top end, its in its second week of chatter! worth million$ of on the lips publicity for castrol and ???

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

good thing force has titanium teeth

Leave a comment:

• SpiderGearsMan
    replied

couldn't find the nitro pits at the ardl race

Leave a comment:

• bbnova
    replied

Force should have known better just keep your mouth shut
    and walk away.

Leave a comment:

• 38P
    replied

Something's not right here.

Didn't the NHRA official intrude into the "conversation" between Force and Pedregon? Was anyone injured by the "altercation?" Hasn't the "drama" drastically increased interest in the NHRA and AA/FC over the past week? Isn't all of this just what Shirley "don't call me 'Cha Cha'" Muldowney said drag racing needs to shake off some of the stage-managed, corporate fakeness and lack of genuine, candid pathos that's strangling the sport?

The NHRA ought to be PAYING FORCE $100,000 for the excitement and interest he's generated.

Leave a comment:

• dougg01
    replied

BS. I read the competition-plus articled and it's bull. I'm raising the flag on this one.

If someone grabs me from behind while there is a confrontation going on in front of me......they are likely to get dropped on their butt. If I was Force I'd ask for a do-over because if his reaction (anyone's basic reaction in that scenario) so he can get his money's worth out of it. If that is tiny thing is going to cost $10k....then I want to go back and get $100k worth.

And...why were they restraining John...? Tony started it. He could have been a man about it and discuss it with his former boss/friend, but instead he had to lower himself and be a punk about. It reeks.

If the continued decline of NHRA doesn't switch lanes soon they might lose the remaining real racings fans much like NOTCAR did years ago. NHRA will have to resort to narrowing the lanes and perhaps adding obstacles to create a more risk-prone environment to attract the current flock of drunken, corn-hole playing (nothing wrong with cornhole - just not half-drunk at a race) NOTCAR crash-watchers.

With NHRA talking about a 'standard motor' how long till there is a 'standard' car and then the only things we'll see different will be the paint jobs and decals (just like NOTCAR). It's not far off, but it's not that bad....yet.

ADRL and IHRA still have racing that looks somewhat like it used to.....

Leave a comment:

• cjforumadmin
    started a topic John Force Fined $10,000 for Indy Altercation

John Force Fined $10,000 for Indy Altercation

Working...
X