Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Green Hornet Movie Car Crash On Set

Re: Video: Green Hornet Movie Car Crash On Set

Yay, my '66 Imperial just got rarer by one.

BTW, it's not a "Chrysler". In 1966 Imperial was its own division of the parent company Chrysler, like Dodge and Plymouth.

The Imperial division had three models: LeBaron, Crown and Crown Coupe. Properly, it's a 1966 Imperial Crown (or maybe LeBaron, can't tell the trim in this video). Saying 1966 Chrysler Imperial is like saying 1966 Ford Lincoln.

Happy motoring,

David

Comment

That's Century City. EthelkilledFred called me the day of shooting to have come over and watch. I was busy getting greasy. He couldn't tell me what they were shooting, but said it would be obvious. I live ten minutes away.

That building he's racing in and out of is owned by Creative Artists Agency. The person filming it was obviously across the street on the balcony of Century Plaza Hotel. Out of shot to the right is Nakatomi Plaza from Die Hard (actually Fox Plaza Tower), next to that was the Marriott (It's actually the Intercontinental Hotel) from Point of No Return.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Did a little digging and found they are using '65 and '66 Imperials for the shoot. The way the car is tricked out, you can't tell from the front because at that angle the only differences between model years were the grille and the headlights, BUT from the rear you can see the '65 has a hump on the trunk that is absent from the '66.

How 'bout a little bangshift.com feature on these movie cars? I get stiff when people become excited about Imperials -- gorgeous, rare, neglected and absolutely worthless in the collector car market. Derby cars and engine donors

Comment

Working...
        X