Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Ford Beats the Chicken Tax

Re: How Ford Beats the Chicken Tax

it's amazing how many laws are on the books like this one. Subarus are imported as trucks to avoid the gas guzzler tax, RVs are actually registered as cars because they have seats for more then 4 people... but not a bus as the number is too few..... and it goes on and on and on. And every single law had a brilliant reason behind it - or as the lawyer saw says "good facts make bad law".
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

one of those ford mini van things popped into where I work yesterday, seems some local ford big wig head of the OTR truck division was driving it as his new work vehicle - I didnt want to go out in the parking lot to check it out since it was raining - hey sugar melts in the rain ;D
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

We were looking at one of those things at work the other day. They are going to make a great wheelchair conversion van.

Comment

The local Ford dealer we service our cars at has a pair of them on the lot. When I saw them, I immediately thought WTF is that ugly cuss?
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
            We were looking at one of those things at work the other day. They are going to make a great wheelchair conversion van.
            I worked for about 6 years in the 80s' converting vans for wheelchairs. Then I got into the mail and parcel business.
            I converted a van in New Jersey for a customer in 1980 and in 1996 bought a mail and parcel business in Denver CO where we rented Private Mail Boxes. One of my customers was the guy I converted the van for. He is still a mailbox customer today.
            Do you think there is enough headroom without dropping the floor? Or are you talking about the customer driving the van themselves?

Nick Leone

Comment

Working...
            X