• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blown Camaro Z/28 Confirmed for Production

Re: Blown Camaro Z/28 Confirmed for Production

Moparts exploded. ;D

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/...rt=1&vc=1&nt=3
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

We'll see if this really happens this time. As-is, though, I'd be content with a 426-HP SS model. ;D

Comment

Another one I can't afford!!
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

All I can say is YEAH !!!

Comment

2012 is when the Corporate Average Fuel Economy axe starts falling, which will kill the volume and jack up the prices of 550 h.p. cars.

Given that the blower Camaro won't arrive until the 2011 model year (if at all), it looks to more like a "one last blast" halo stunt than anything which will be produced in serious volume. Thus, the blower Camaro could have about a five-minute production run before fuel economy compliance shuts down the CaMullet-head party.

It will be interesting to see how big the market is for $75,000 Camaros.

Perhaps this one last shot at glory will "encourage" Ford to counter-punch with a forced induction Coyote V8 (which could easily punish the vaporware Z/28) or yet another "boost" of the incredible GT500 modular mill.

Comment

*searching for winning lottery ticket*

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
                Perhaps this one last shot at glory will "encourage" Ford to counter-punch with a forced induction Coyote V8 (which could easily punish the vaporware Z/28) or yet another "boost" of the incredible GT500 modular mill.
                I don't think Ford needs to do anything. The October 2009 issue of Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords has an article where they drag-raced a 2010 GT500. They broke the 11-second mark with no modifications to the car whatsoever, and with slicks bolted on to the rear, they got into the 11.5 second zone.

Of course, the hot rumor is that the GT500 will get an aluminum engine block in the next MY, so that should offer a decent weight loss. The 1/4 mile times have nowhere to go but down at this point. ;D

Comment

I do kind of resent Ford and GM giving gold chainers this kind of access to horsepower for a paltry $50-60K. (twice as much as a corvette cost when i was in highschool).

Remember when you had to build a 500hp car and poor kids could be fast with a 5.0 and a $3k blower? Almost makes wrenching pointless... almost.
                  Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
                    I do kind of resent Ford and GM giving gold chainers this kind of access to horsepower for a paltry $50-60K. (twice as much as a corvette cost when i was in highschool).

Remember when you had to build a 500hp car and poor kids could be fast with a 5.0 and a $3k blower? Almost makes wrenching pointless... almost.
                    LOL---howdy stranger...

Comment

That sounds similar something hot rodders like the fictional John Milner would have said when the factory muscle cars really started being marketed in the 1960s:

"I remember when you had to know something to be fast . . . you had to port and relieve the block and mill the heads on your own flathead . . . stick in a fat cam . . . build headers . . . install carbs and and intake . . . or you had to swap in an OHV and hop it up . . . chop and channel an old coupe or roadster . . . split the wishbones and drop the axle . . . you know, get your hands and your t-shirts dirty . . . real hot rodding."

"But now (1964), any spoiled rich college kid can go sign up for one of those 360 h.p. G.T.O.s and instantly go fast without even getting a single spot on his freakin' chinos or Oxford shirt! And then he can take it to Royal for one of those "Bobcat" kits.
                      Almost makes wrenching pointless . . . ."

Or you could go back even further . . . "I do kind of resent Mercer and Stutz for giving gilded playboys this kind of access to horsepower . . . Remember when . . . poor boys could be fast with a stripped-down Model T Speedster . . . Almost makes wrenching pointless . . . . ."

It seems like in some ways, times never really change, does do they?

Comment

2012 is when the Corporate Average Fuel Economy axe starts falling, which will kill the volume and jack up the prices of 550 h.p. cars.

Given that the blower Camaro won't arrive until the 2011 model year (if at all), it looks to more like a "one last blast" halo stunt than anything which will be produced in serious volume. Thus, the blower Camaro could have about a five-minute production run before fuel economy compliance shuts down the CaMullet-head party.

It will be interesting to see how big the market is for $75,000 Camaros.

mod motor hhahaha can't spin the tires in snow unless you got 20 psi in it

Comment

was reading a road test of an 89 saleen - staggering 15.2 in the 1/4

Comment

That sounds similar something hot rodders like the fictional John Milner would have said when the factory muscle cars really started being marketed in the 1960s:

"I remember when you had to know something to be fast . . . you had to port and relieve the block and mill the heads on your own flathead . . . stick in a fat cam . . . build headers . . . install carbs and and intake . . . or you had to swap in an OHV and hop it up . . . chop and channel an old coupe or roadster . . . split the wishbones and drop the axle . . . you know, get your hands and your t-shirts dirty . . . real hot rodding."

"But now (1964), any spoiled rich college kid can go sign up for one of those 360 h.p. G.T.O.s and instantly go fast without even getting a single spot on his freakin' chinos or Oxford shirt! And then he can take it to Royal for one of those "Bobcat" kits.
                            Almost makes wrenching pointless . . . ."

Or you could go back even further . . . "I do kind of resent Mercer and Stutz for giving gilded playboys this kind of access to horsepower . . . Remember when . . . poor boys could be fast with a stripped-down Model T Speedster . . . Almost makes wrenching pointless . . . . ."

It seems like in some ways, times never really change, does do they?

They don't but neither does the joy of thumping something factory fresh with an old mule you've bled on, sworn off, lost sleep for, and used your own hands to create.

Brian
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

They don't but neither does the joy of thumping something factory fresh with an old mule you've bled on, sworn off, lost sleep for, and used your own hands to create.

Brian
                              Yep!

On the other hand, they're probably not on a first-name basis with the local paramedics . . . . :D

Comment

Working...
                              X