Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Models Allowed for Bathurst 12 Hour Event

Re: New Models Allowed for Bathurst 12 Hour Event

While I lived in Australia, I watched Batchhurst every year, the racing around and over Mount Panorama with a field of 50 cars is awesome !!

Comment

Have a 2010 Camaro race around Mt Panorama, and I will go ga-ga! :P

Comment

Hopefully the Mustang GT will be allowed something along the lines of the Koni Challenge engine (smashmouth DOHC race engine known as the "Cammer R50" http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=8022) and not forced to run with the tepid Miller Cup engine (near stock SOHC).

Or better yet, the Ford could run a new full race version of the OZ "BOSS 5.4" DOHC from FPV http://www.fpv.com.au/news/press-rel...t.aspx?ID=2899

Or maybe . . . another sort of wide-bore-center DOHC (Hurricane/Boss/Coyote) is in order . . . . ;D

However, I suspect the engine will be an obsolete "Cleveland/Windsor" 5.0 liter OHV NASCAR-style mill.

Comment

Production should mean that you can only run what came from the factory.... too bad for Mustang, but if it weren't that way there would be no incentive for Ford to improve.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

If it is a "showroom stock" type race for "production" coupes and sedans, then Ford's Shelby GT500KR should be allowed to compete. It is a homologated production car (and one that will destroy any factory stock Camaro SS around Mt. Panorama . . . or on about any other road course, for that matter).

Are the promoters really that far "in the bag" for Holden (GM)?

Any Camaro victory (assuming that huge 4,000-pound cubist pig of a pony car can be "transformed" into an effective road racer) which excludes competiton from the GT500KR or at least a Koni Challenge Mustang would most certainly be hollow.

Comment

Check out some old crash video from Bathhurst. Insane!!! Best to watch a race from in the world. I miss V-8 Supercar Racing on Speed. Alan Moffot is the man. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g3w7hV6930
              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

One more cool one here.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Would anyone here in the states "get it" if someone were to build a copy of a 1971 Falcon GT/HO. I think the four doors would throw them. Those things are so cool, as are most of the downunder iron. BlackoutSteve, your a lucky man. If I lived there, I'd drive like hell screaming out the window " I am the Knight Rider"

Comment

The V8Supercars 1000 race (Ford V GM) is on the Oct 11th, there should be a stream of it somewhere on the web I'll look into it and times it will be on.

It's a 620 mile race on that track, I the best parts to watch the 1st half hour and the last hour as they have the most carnage.

I'll be doing as I have for the last 20 odd years, getting together with a few mates, placing a bit of money between us on how the race ill unfold, confirming the output of the local brewery is still okay and encouraging my brand.
                    Tim
                    Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

The XA XB and XC coupes are very popular with you guys because of the Mad Max movies. They are definitely popular here too, but no where near as much as the XY GTHO Falcons, which it seems are practically unknown in the US.

Holden Monaros af the same era are now pulling big bucks (the ripple effect) and also thanks to Holden's recreation of the Monaro (Pontiac GTO)

Comment

I turned a few friends onto V-8 Supercar Racing a few years ago. It ruined them towards NASCAR forever. The only thing better then watching Supercars is a ride-along video of Ross Dunkerton( i think thats the chaps name) driving a Targa. That Dude is funny!

Comment

GEE SPEEDSTERZ - the chevrolet has been knocking around fords on the track for 54 years now
                          you think the fool govt is going to change that ?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutSteve

Holden Monaros of the same era are now pulling big bucks (the ripple effect) and also thanks to Holden's recreation of the Monaro (Pontiac GTO)
                            This is a Monaro of the same era, it happens to be the one the lives in my shed!

Monaros won at Bathurst in 68' and 69'

I fell in love with them after doing 100mph down the South Gipsland Hwy in one with all the windows down shouting "I'm the Knight Rider!"

Tim
                            Melbourne Australia

65 Hardtop Impala, 70 GTS Monaro, 93 "80" Landcruiser

Comment

Funny thing is, I bet a lot of guys on here won't get the "I am the Night Rider" thing. That, plus " and Candilini wants his hand back!". I'm blue oval breed but, old Monaros are bad ass. Sweet ride there Deer.

Comment

Working...
                              X