Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Weirdest Driving Citation

Re: Your Weirdest Driving Citation

been stoped and ticketed for "driving to close to the yellow line" my father inlaw is a lawyer and when we went to court him and the judge both laughed and it was droped

my brothers chevelle just after we pit the 383 in it we found out with the slicks it would pick the drivers front wheel about 3 inches on the street
    ya un safe start and a lecture from the cop about what do you have in that thing etc... looks bad for us etc...
    was reduced to parking ticket in court.

Comment

just a few months ago I got a ticket for going 75 in a 45 - while sitting in my driveway. Had to take a STOP class and everything. Still pissed off about it, so I don't talk about it much.

Some 90 year old Sherriff cam hauling ass down my GRAVEL ROAD as I was waiting to pull out of my driveway to go to work on a Tuesday morning. Cop comes sliding to a stop in front of me, gets out and comes running to my car's window saying "I just clocked you at 75mph, why were you going so fast?"

I was still parked at the end of my driveway. I live on a gravel road with only TWO neighbors within a 3 mile radius. Nobody goes 75mph on a curvy, one lane GRAVEL ROAD.

This old cop was confused, I thought he was having an alzheimer's attack. I went to court and fought it, and LOST, because he was convinced he'd seen me going 75mph somewhere up the gravel road from my house.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

my friend bill had the best driving record ever - loaded with convictions and suspensions
        out of all my friends , I was most comfortable with bill driving , he just couldn't get away with stuff

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
          just a few months ago I got a ticket for going 75 in a 45 - while sitting in my driveway. Had to take a STOP class and everything. Still pissed off about it, so I don't talk about it much.

Some 90 year old Sherriff cam hauling ass down my GRAVEL ROAD as I was waiting to pull out of my driveway to go to work on a Tuesday morning. Cop comes sliding to a stop in front of me, gets out and comes running to my car's window saying "I just clocked you at 75mph, why were you going so fast?"

I was still parked at the end of my driveway. I live on a gravel road with only TWO neighbors within a 3 mile radius. Nobody goes 75mph on a curvy, one lane GRAVEL ROAD.

This old cop was confused, I thought he was having an alzheimer's attack. I went to court and fought it, and LOST, because he was convinced he'd seen me going 75mph somewhere up the gravel road from my house.
          you should have greeted him with a .45 pressed into his nose
          stay off my property narc

Comment

"DEFACING PUBLIC PROPERTY"
            Set the linloc at about 1/2 pressure and auto graphed about 500 feet of fresh concrete with some M/T black.
            Cop was behind me the entie time video taping it, but i never went over the speed limit. $300.oo

Comment

ok this is a speeding ticket story - but yer gunna love this

this happened in 1994 at Jack Murphy - now Qualcomm stadium parking lot (where the SD Chargers play) It was on a friday afternoon, I was in the US NAVY at the time - mind you this is a football stadium on a friday afternoon and there were NO events going on. I pulled into the parking lot cause I was going to the ticket booth to get tickets to the Mickey Thompson stadium races (remember those) All of a sudden I hear a siren and im like wtf and look in my mirror and see a motorcycle cop signaling me to pull over.

heres where it gets good ...

Cop comes up to the window and ask "Do you know how fast you were going ? " I responded - " Maybe 15mph " Cops says " YES you were - you were doing 15 in a 10 mph zone, IM going to have to cite you for speeding" I thought the cop was joking and I started laughing - ok this really pisses the cop off and he starts in on me bout how speed kills yadda yadda yadda - I take the ticket and go to court

So i go to my court date, judge calls me to the stand - reads the charges he pauses and re-reads them, he looks at me and says "you were speeding - 15mph NOT 15mph over the posted speed but 15mph" - at this time the traffic court room bust into laughter

ok judge starts to get pissed cause people are laughing in his court and he asked my why I was doing 15mph - I tell him that im in the navy, and I was doing my part to help the city economy by buying tickets to a local event blah blah blah

judge just smirks - tells me charges are dismissed then tells me to try to slow it down then he bust out laughing
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

"Rapid Accelleration" - Tiffin OH 1990-something...

No squealing of tires, no speeding........... just accellerating rapidly. Pure BS, what exactly are the parameters for "rapid accelleration" so I can avoid it next time?

Still t's me off...

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Boo --

That story is hilarious!

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

two of them.
                    the first:
                    I was 20 and working for an attorney in a very small town while attending college in an even small adjacent town. One afternoon we (3 rigs, 10 or so people) went up 4wheeling in the mountains. We went around a closed gate. Farmer calls the cops, they come up and give us tickets.... all of us, the drivers (I was one) got a ticket for going around the gate, the passengers got tickets for being an accomplice to going around a gate. Of course, this hit the town newspapers (major crime bust!!!) and so we went to appear in the local municipal court... which was a garage that had chairs in it, a bench, and marginal heat. The "judge" was an attorney I worked with in the adjacent small town. He asked what happened, I told him, he said "curb my youthful enthusiasm" and reduce the ticket to 25% (still was a 100 bucks)... he stared at the other tickets for the passengers and said "you're kidding, right?" then he dismissed all of those "accomplice tickets.

the second. Driving onto a very crowded 405 at Southcenter (a mall), and the general use lanes were stopped, but the HOV lane was wide open. I push my way over (driving a beat up truck, traffic parts as if by magic) and see there's cop flying up behind me but still far enough behind to slow down when I pull it. I have my signal on, he speeds up, I go over anyway..... he anchors his brakes and I see him literally bouncing in his car. That calms down, he pulls me over (all the way across the stop n go traffic) and as he walks up I see the issue... he has something wet on the front of his pants (I presume coffee)... he, of course, gives me a ticket (improper lane change and no, I have no idea what that is) and I'm very nice hand him license, insurance , registration and after he gives me the ticket, I wish him a nice day. He must have thought I said something else because he snapped back and demanded to know what I said.... In Washington there is a rule that says a cop must submit the ticket to the court within 48 hours - he didn't, I pointed it out in a letter to the court.... and it was dismissed. I still think he was mad because I had the audacity to pull in front of him .... serves him right, though, spilled coffee, plus can't make the ticket stick.... ;D ;D
                    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I actually have a good story for a funny ticket. Got nabbed on I-86 (I think) running back to NY from Columbus. A handsome and gracious PA State Trooper gets me doing 95 in a 65. Let's me off with a "Failer to abide by posted warning sign" ticket, $50 bucks, no points, & I could mail it in. I thanked him and wished him a wonderful weekend.
                      sigpic

Comment

I didn't get a ticket for this one but it's why I avoid the indian reservation here like the plague.

I was driving my Centurion and had just dropped a friend off at their house, and was idling in first gear behind a Tribal Police car, he then pulls over off the road, I go idling by him, the speed limit is 15mph. Not touching the gas or anything. Almost immediately his lights come on and he pulls me over > Walks up to the drivers window and gives me the classic line, "Do you know how fast you were going?" WTF? I can probably sprint faster on foot than I was going! I say "15", he says "20". "Huh, I'm pretty sure I was going 15" Hell I was following HIM, and didn't speed up to go around him. Takes my license and registration and disappears for a while, comes back and tells me to watch my speed. I was pissed when the county granted the tribal police authority to write traffic tickets outside the reservation, I don't trust them or their training (if any?) at all. Was I speeding? heck if I know, it's a 35 year old car that the speedo barely reads at that speed, but I'm sure I wasn't doing 20.

A non-moving ticket that pissed me off was right after I bought my Firebird I put a "For Sale" sign in the Skylark. I parked it around the corner from my house (because I lived in a coul-de-sac), right in line with other cars parked at residences. I go walking out there the second day and there is a friggin ticket on the car > The ticket was for having the "For Sale" sign in the window, wtf? Apparently it's a city ordinance that I've never seen enforced as in Fontana there are multiple cars parked on dirt/field corners for sale. The worse part? It was a $75 ticket, and I saw the car in front of mine had a ticket as well, checked on that one, it was for parking in front of a fire hydrant and only $55!! wtf, blocking a fire hydrant (which he was) had a stiffer penalty than having a "For Sale" sign on a car.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I was 18 and a freshman at University of Nebraska and I wasn't even driving or a passenger. I was being towed behind a car on snow ski's with a boat ski tow rope. My buddies and I were missing the slopes, so this is what a few beers became a great idea. It was a total blast and we probably would've never gotten in trouble if it weren't for the broken tail pipe on the 63 Impala sedan we had. It would back fire every time you pushed the clutch in to shift.

I was being towed about thirty miles an hour down a residential street, shushing back and forth behind the car across it's snowy wake. People were hearing the constant backfiring and called the police thinking some kids were driving around popping off a gun or something. We go blowing through an intersection and there is a cop sitting there at the stop sign with the radio in one hand and a coffee in the other. His eyes were as big as saucers when he saw me go by after the car.

He pulled us over. Ten other cops showed up for no other reason than curiosity. They ticketed us for a bunch of violations on the car. Then had a committee meeting on what to ticket me for. My friends weren't helping. They were yelling things like "not having the load properly tied down", "impersonating a trailer". Finally they came up Reckless Endangerment.

I had to go to court to explain what I did to the judge. My friends were there for their tickets too. I explained what we, and I, was doing. The judge was turning red. I thought he was getting really mad until he busted out laughing. He asked me whose life I was endangering. I said mine. The judge said that "Reckless Endangerment is endangering the lives of other people. It's not illegal to kill yourself in Nebraska. Case dismissed."

The cop shot out his chair like his pants were fire screaming, "But Judge?!! The judge said sorry officer, but we can't fine him if you write the wrong ticket. Man, did that piss off the cop. It's a good thing I didn't have my car at school that year, or I'd being seeing a lot of him in my mirror.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I gotta tell ya Reb, you've got some of the funniest stories I've heard.
                            sigpic

Comment

Growing up in a rural community everyone knows everyone elses business.Had a Highway Patrolman(Stuckey) who got his kicks catching couples"parking"hoping to find someone who was not with their spouse : Just to mess with him my parents and another couple when they would go fishing they would split up.My dad with his friends wife(Dora) and my mom with Dora's husband(Curt).Dad and Dora stop to wait for my mom and Curt.Sure enough the Hipo thinks hes going to get his jollies.Then mom and Curt show up and he doesnt know what to do and is embarrassed.Fast forward 3 weeks and we are doing some drag racing out in the country.My brothers friend is in a 63 Impala vs a 65 Mustang.They let me start the race.I do and at the end of the 1/4 is the same HiPo.Tickets are given to those racing.Meanwhile I hide in the ditch at the starting line.Stuckey shows up gun drawn :o Gives me a ticket for wreckless driving.WTF! I'm 13 years old!!!!! DISMISSED!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X