Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift Approved: A racer's last pass.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Approved: A racer's last pass.

Re: BangShift Approved: A racer's last pass.

May he rest in peace....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Did they have to pay admission to the grandstand? Were the concession stands open? is an event t-shirt available?

Comment

Dude!!! Events shirts would rule. When I die, will you guys put on a big drag race, cruise me down the quarter, and drink beer while wearing a shirt that says "Chad's Last Drag Race" or some such thing?

That would rule.
        "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

Guess that's a better send-off than the usual methods.......may the tech lines be short and the track conditions prime where he's headed.

Comment

Creamate me, pack me in a chute, and dump me at the stripe at 2 bills......
            Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Originally posted by Bamfster
              Creamate me, pack me in a chute, and dump me at the stripe at 2 bills......
              Or faster, if possible...

Comment

A friend of mine in Colorado did the ashes in the chutes deal for a local racer. They had ashes in the chutes of their dragster and roadster and ran down together to the top end and simultaneously put out the laundry. Pretty cool ideas both of them.
                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

If I recall right Kong Jackson got the parachute treatment at Bonneville. I don't know the details or speed though.
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Man, it must be the rain or the cold or something, but I got a little emotional watching that.

Rest easy, Mr. Miller.

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Awesome! What a way to go out.
                      I R Bob
                      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Racer gets last ride at GLD.

Story:

Video:
                        Long time drag racer Jerome Miller passed away on Sept. 29, 2009 in Milwaukee. His last request was one more time down the dragstrip.

Comment

Originally posted by kevracer
                          Did they have to pay admission to the grandstand? Were the concession stands open? is an event t-shirt available?
                          ARS Promotions was renting the track and they told us that day when we showed up that there would be a funeral coming through. When we rent the track we have a spectator free admission policy and sometimes 3-400 people show up on Friday afternoon.
                          The procession came through at a time when were waiting for the track to dry so there was no harm in paying our respects. The funeral received a lot of press in the Chi/Milw are on TV as a way to send a loved on off on the final journey. And yes the concessions we open. The t-shirts were free to the racers and a DVD of the event will also be free to anyone who payed to race. We eventually were rained out and will have a Race Day Restart on the 16Th of October so if you are in the Chicago/ Milwaukee area come for some FREE racing and world class's Track concessions.

Comment

Originally posted by BangShiftChad
                            Dude!!! Events shirts would rule. When I die, will you guys put on a big drag race, cruise me down the quarter, and drink beer while wearing a shirt that says "Chad's Last Drag Race" or some such thing?

That would rule.
                            Can we bury you at the TRACK?

Comment

Thumbs up !

Comment

Working...
                              X