Three New Hampshire Mechanics in Big Trouble Over Flubbed Emissions Tests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three New Hampshire Mechanics in Big Trouble Over Flubbed Emissions Tests

Re: Three New Hampshire Mechanics in Big Trouble Over Flubbed Emissions Tests

flat rate hustlers = caught with their pants down
    hahaha- it's the system vs integrity .... be honest and not make money - it's a fine line

Comment

Been there done that. My license got suspended for 30 days. The shops got suspended for a year. We were plugging the obd 2 plug into another vehicle. They caught us for doing 47 illegal inspections in 16 months time. Hell we did 47 inspections in 2 days. Thats not a bad ratio really. A couple of these inspections were on new york state owned vehicles too. When we went to the hearing I had the guy that caught us at a lose for words but the judge sided with them. I think we got 500 dollar fine too. Oh well I dont work there anymore anyway on to bigger and better things.

Comment

big imposing government
        there is bucks to be made making the junkers pass the test by FIXING THEM

Comment

For years a pair of local brothers would pass cars for an extra hundred for anyone with the right friend. These guys were general theives as well, I spent a morning in their shop observing once and it was incredible how brazen they were (having worked for a thief when I was a kid, I know a routine when I see one). Many of the local mechanics admired them for how much money they were making...it's not like how they were doing it seemed to matter.

They were caught on the emmisions thing when they finally pissed off the wrong person and got reported. The state sent two guys in a van over to park across the street on a random morning and log what cars were getting hooked up to their sniffer. This was then compared to the vehicles/times being reported by the shop, which of-course didn't match.

They got pricey representation and wound up being fined only around ten grand and lost their license for a year. The judge gave 'em a break as he was convinced they were otherwise "honest and hardworking" (his statement) guys who only made a tiny mistake. What a croc, the facts of the case and the judge's statements didn't really add up. Well, they might have if you factored in a small "campaign contribution"...but I actually don't know.

The brothers continue on now, they moved to a shop with large bays and focus on old people with motor homes. They do competant (or free) work for the local RV-business owners/employees and thus get a steady line of suckers referred in.

Comment

Working...
          X