X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Pick of the Week: Pro Street 1979 Plymouth Duster

Re: Ebay Pick of the Week: Pro Street 1979 Plymouth Duster

"Sweet."

But it needs some "Super Coupe"* or Petty "Street Kit Car"** cosmetics and a decent retro Mopar-style hood scoop (Six-Pack, Ramcharger, T/A snorkle . . .) to live up to its full potential.

And a 3G Hemi swap wouldn't hurt . . . .

*http://www.moparautos.com/images/07222006%20017.jpg
    **http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3343/...6d33e995ac.jpg

Comment

> :o John why would you further destroy a very rare authentic orignal car??? this Duster option car in this nice of original condition...

the replacement of the weaker 8 1/4" rear axle in favor of the 8 3/4" both stronger and more service able was a goodd move as far as an early Pro Street car, although I do not see the necessity for it to be 4 linked that also I do not find too objection able...

But to alter/detract from the Uniqueness of the Duster model by suggesting morphing it with non correct other F Body parts shows how ignorant you seem to be about this car's Authentic market value

Doing as you suggest woul cut its value by about 2/3rds.... and people wonder why when they ruin a car they later can't get good money for it.

This car needs left as is except for possibly 2 things (both factory Duster options for this year!) the possible additon of the Front Spoiler... and the addition of the original Strobe Stripe markings between the taillights and the possible Hood strobe Stripes a& matching lower body strobe stripes as well...

This would keep it closer to a True Attention grabbing original which would increase vs decrease its value!

Walt

Comment

It's never gonna be Hemi-Cuda valuable...it's a Vo-Lar-RAY(vo-o-o!)!

I give my buddy SpeedJunkee hell about his all the time, tell him it's an imitation Nova...LMAO...he's had a Volare' Sport Coupe, he sold his Aspen Super Coupe a few months ago(those were much ado bout nothing, not much unlike my '85 Z28), and he's stripping his Volare' Road Runner down to make a shag-nasty drag car outta it.

They are cool, definitely different...but will never be CLOSE to VALUABLE(except to the person that likes'em).

Personally, I think they look better without the Sport Slats and spoilers...they look tacked-on(SJ was gonna strip'em off the Super Coupe and stick'em on the Road Runner...I convinced him otherwise).

That is a clean "Duster", though...someone'll enjoy it!

Comment

I was looking at this on ebay. Something about this car is just right. It's super clean, the interior is nice, the body and paint looks great. Sure it's not the most desired body but i'd drive the wee outta this.

Comment

FYI while they will not reach the mark of a Hemi Cuda which can to the 1.5 to 2 million dollar mark easily

These F Body Mopars should be respected as the owner of F Body Mopars I can tell you a lot! Ebay is never a good place to sell or market a collectible car... other places on the net are far better! e-bay can be a good place to find a bargain because most true car enthusiasts frequent other places... so many bargains can be found there many people do not know what they have or its real value...

Right now I can show you a F Body enthusiast collector who is buying F Bodys up all over the Place and he bought one of the nicer examples on e-bay for about $9000 USD he's now got it for sale at $14,000 He has sold a 1970 Roadrunner and a 1979 Aspen R/T for $16,000 to $17,000 USD in the last year...

I find this intersting because another supposed Mopar Enthusiast here in the Boise area also claims that the F Bodys are not worth over $4000 USD (its because he doesn't know how to market them

I own the F Body Mopars Club on Yahoo

Walt

Comment

Working...
            X