Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carnage Video: 13 Crashes in 13 Months as Trucks Smash Themselves Topless Under a Low Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnage Video: 13 Crashes in 13 Months as Trucks Smash Themselves Topless Under a Low Bridge

Re: Carnage Video: 13 Crashes in 13 Months as Trucks Smash Themselves Topless Under a Low Bridge

I was surprised to see how many actually made it all the way through. You would think in the last 50 or so years they would have dug the road down another foot or so.
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Carnage Video: 13 Crashes in 13 Months as Trucks Smash Themselves Topless Under a Low Bridge

I've seen the video before.
      The soundtrack actually improved it.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Overheard at the Ryder rental counter "no, I could swear there was already some damage when I picked the truck up" :o ;D

Comment

Originally posted by joebogey
          You would think in the last 50 or so years they would have dug the road down another foot or so.
          It took TxDot 40 years to fix the low clearance issue with U.S. 59 where it passed under... get this ... Hazard Street. :D :D :D
          And this was in the center of Houston!!!
          You used to hear this on the radio all the time: "And another 18 wheeler is stuck under the Hazard Street bridge. Traffic is backed way up, so choose your alternate route."

Comment

Storrow Drive in Boston is a very heavily traveled road with a, wait for it, 10 foot bridge in the middle. When the college kids move in each fall, one or two trucks meet their end at that bridge. Guys have to get backed off of it all the time. Every freaking entrance ramp has a big low clearance sign and people just haul ass through.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I guess this goes to show that being able to read must not be required for a driver's license (or common sense either).

With that many trucks tearing themselves apart on that bridge over who knows how many years, it is a wonder the bridge itself is still sound.

Comment

Apparently the bridge has been hit so many times there are large I beams mounted on either side that are not directly mounted to the bridge. Those beams take the impact so the trestle itself is not compromised. That must have been a cheaper fix than putting a dip in the road! :D
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That was great!
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

The sound track is definately the icing on the cake. :D
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I've always wondered why that bridge had those there. I never put two and two together. If you knew how poor the city of durham was you would understand why they just have I-beam. It also probably has something to do with the morons running the city. "Hey Bo, you think we should dig this out a little bit?" Nah Jeb, lets just put up a big I-Beam....

Comment

The "two men and a truck" crash cracked me up - so the sign should read: two men 2/3rds a truck 1/2 a brain.
                        ;D
                        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'd wager 3/4's of those straight trucks that did the "I-Beam Limbo FAIL" were UNDER 26,001 lbs.., i.e. NOT required to have a CDL to operate.

Accidents can happen to anyone, but this is just indicative of piss-poor planning and not paying attention.

EVERY Rand McNally trucker's Road Atlas has listings for ALL 50 States and Canada of all low-clearance(under 13' 6") underpasses to aid in route planning and avoiding dumb-ass attacks like the ones shown here..........

Incidents like this are common in Chicago, for the L-train and Metra overpasses....continuous rpad paving built up the grade level, so what might have once been, say 12' 9", could not be barely 10'.

Comment

I wonder if anybody was a driver for a courier company because i dont think the dumb ass has a job. Plus there is not a truck out there that will win against dirt,concrete and f..... steel. Also try being the poor person behind some of them trucks. I wonder who had insurance claims. It was a real bad day for someone. HA.HA.

Comment

This is North Avenue in Chicago. Just beyond this is the entrance for Interstate 90/94. The clearance marking on here for years was covered by the advertising. The only other warning, at least westbound, was one sign that was knocked down by a city snowplow and not replaced for 2 years. This baby tops at least one trailer a week. The towing company contracted to clean up the mess just unhooks the trailer and drags it a block away on the landing gear. To make matters worse, if the driver sees the problem and gets turned around, the next entrance is Division St., and that one is mis-marked at 13 feet, when it is in fact 14'6". The city that works indeed.

Comment

Working...
                              X