Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Feature: King Komet 1968 Mercury Cyclone Drag Race Survivor

Re: Car Feature: King Komet 1968 Mercury Cyclone Drag Race Survivor

Geez, that thing makes me weak. Is Sartori east coast based..I'd love to see this car sometime, somewhere. Thanks for feature Brian, man, and I thought his '40 was the end all....
    Time Wasters...
    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Oh, man! What a beast!
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

wow

where's the beavis and butthead "we're not worthy" smiley?

this is one of the cars that ran with legends I would have loved to see in the thick of it all, I was born in the wrong era.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Jim rules had core. He's from Massachusetts and his collection is incredible.

We simply did not have time to shoot them all, but know that parked behind this car in the shop was a real lightweight Galaxie and oh yea....ONE OF THE FIRST 50 THUNDERBOLTS EVER BUILT!

He bleeds Ford blue.

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Very cool pics - thanks for the closeups too - I was 14 in 1968 and grew up in Dearborn so that was a trip down memory lane. Although I prefer Chevy's - cool cars are cool cars, anywhere, anytime.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

SWEEEEETTTT !! :o

cheers
              Ed N.
              Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
              07 Mustang GT with some stuff
              88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10
                Although I prefer Chevy's - cool cars are cool cars, anywhere, anytime.
                x2......seeing that big blue mill sputtering, shaking like it was about to explode.....WAY COOL!

Comment

hard core or HAAAD COAAH -wicked pissah
                  nice CJ - a black cyclone cj won stock at the summernats in 87 or 88 , black , no decals

Comment

My pants are tight................ ;D
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Soooo so cool!!!

Comment

For whatever reason I never watched this before ,now I did and now I want a Cyclone.

Comment

I was wondering if possible to contact Jim Sartori about his 68 cyclone..We owned that car many years ago,and we might have some more info on it that he might not know about....My wife and i saved it...And yes we do have all the old pictures of it when we got it till the day we sold it..thanks and i hope we can make this contact...Rick...

Comment

If you like old Comets you'll love the Earle 'Safari' Char LEGEND story in the August issue of Hawaii Motorbeat Monthly.
                            Safari ran both 289 and 427 Cyclones at Hawaii Raceway Park back in 65-66. Plenty of photos and link to what happened to 'em!
                            Aloha!

Comment

Sign on building in the video: "All Stations Septic Service 1-866-U-Cant-Go"

Priceless.

Comment

Working...
                              X