Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criagslist Pick: Vintage Twin Engine Racing Go Kart

Re: Criagslist Pick: Vintage Twin Engine Racing Go Kart

;D Drool running from my mouth. I had a Bug cart in the 60s' 2.5 horse clinton . I lusted for the twin engine versions.
    I was 12 or 13 then. Last nyear at the big Denver Swap meet I saw a twin Mac 10 engined Go Kart. Drooled then too.

Nick

Comment

i STILL HAVE TWO ENDURO'S with K-87s a couple of B-Bombs, and 2 margay gear boxes with gears and My 1st cart from the 50's we ran on the ice with have not even looked at them in 20 plus years
      2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
      First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
      2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
      2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

Wonder if I am capable of building one of these. I have access to all the 1" tube a man could want. Think garage door torsion spring tube. Also 1" or 1.25" solid shaft with a 1/4" keyway, for the axle.

Hmmm...
        The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

My Dad once talked about one of the guys in his flight group that built a twin engined go cart. This adrenaline junkie was clocked running it down the runway at over 120 mph. This was back in 62 or 63. They built a rack to carry it in the bomb bay of the B-47 so they could take it base to base whenever the group got moved. (The H bombs were shipped and trucked base to base instead of flown.)

Dad was too chicken to drive it. He said his buddy was missing a marble or two that included self preservation.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X