Re: The Parting Shift: Ronnie Friggin' Sox

Gold dust...boy I remember those days ;D

Comment

Talk about out of the grove!

Comment

Yeah Man.

I like the idea that he was cruisin' toward the rail, kicking marbles from the dirt on the side, and just kept it floored and pullin' that lever! Stones like grapefruit for sure...

Comment

The closer he got to the Armco you can see the fans stepping back ;D ;D

Comment

the lenco made ronnie sox obsolete
            oh well , he was still a champ in the dean thompson mustang with kaase power
            rest in peace to a great hero of mine

Comment

Lenco's and weight breaks for the non hemi cars did him in.

Comment

weight breaks ended up favoring the fords -oh well , glad that system is gone , pro stock may only seem boring now

Comment

That man is the reason I've always kept four speeds in my playtoy cars - makes me feel guilty about converting the Demon back to auto this winter.

Comment

I remember reading about Ronnie's talent behind the wheel years ago, I think it was in Grady Bryant's excellent book of the early days of the A/FX and Funny Car scene "Match Race Madness". Anyway, several early Super Stock/ Pro Stock drivers were running around together in some new car, thrashing it. Everyone had their chance to row through the gears, and finally Rapid Ronnie sat behind the wheel for a turn. Apparently he didn't even bother using the clutch, just used the gas pedal and his golden shifting arm stirring the shift lever. It was obvious to all that he was faster, and more skilled at dancing on the pedals than all the rest.
                    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

It was a great pass, but have you guys ever watched and listened to Mike Crow make a pass? To me, when Mike makes a pass it is just friggin wild!

Comment

I saw Mike Crow run this year at Drag Week. Unbielieveable! :o
                        I R Bob
                        You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Working...
                        X