Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayfield on ESPN: Takes Shots at NASCAR, Admits Career is Over

Re: Mayfield on ESPN: Takes Shots at NASCAR, Admits Career is Over

I don't doubt the test itself can't give a false-positive, it's the people doing or reporting the test that I'd be more concerned with, especially if NASCAR is writing the check for the test.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

its over johnny - IT'S OVER !!!
      GO HANG OUT WITH RICK WILSON , lake speed , phil parsons , ernie irvan , hermie sadler , ted musgrave , baxter price , tighe scott , terry bivens , mike skinner ,
      as retired drivers

Comment

Its a good thing you didnt say Derrick Cope, he raced Sunday. Well he probably showed and parked.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
          I don't doubt the test itself can't give a false-positive, it's the people doing or reporting the test that I'd be more concerned with, especially if NASCAR is writing the check for the test.
          Amen!

Comment

So, Cliff's Notes: Mayfield says, "I don't do Meth!" but at the same time says "but I know other drivers in NASCAR are doing illegal drugs" I bet there are some other drivers who he partied with, who are quaking in their boots right now!

oh and cap it off with an expert who tests Olympians saying "no way can you confuse Meth in a drug test for prescription drugs"

I still think he's a meth head about to spiral down the shitter, and there will be at least one hilarious story / security camera video before he goes off the radar!

He may bring some other big names down with the ship... I wonder who else partied with Mayfield and an 8-ball? :D
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

derrick cope won the daytona 500 and is a cool guy

Comment

if you are doing drugs at this level - you gotta go
                don't think the big boys would be hangin with mayfield - he was kind of low rent
                junior has been acting odd

Comment

Here is something interestingwww.jeremymayfieldfan.com

Comment

Terry Bivens.Hes been doing a little dirt tracking around these parts ;D 07&08 at least.Didnt hear much about him this year.
                    Reading SGM post made me reply ;D
                    For SGM

Comment

earl ross got screwed over when carling brewery got bought out

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                        He only won the 500 because your taciturn, rough-driving hero (Old Ironhead) ruined one of his tires on the last lap (which Spidey lamented not more than a couple of weeks ago (in the 17" tires test thread, if I'm not mistaken)).

I'm shocked that so many are willing to convict Mayfield on media reports. He may turn out to be the meth-cook's apprentice, but his realizing that he will likely not completely prevail against a secretive, monolithic, billion-dollar dictatorship that has already seized his livelihood is hardly an admission of guilt.

And I wouldn't be surprised if "Dr. Olympia's" vouching for drug tests isn't controverted by other experts-for-hire. I suspect the Olympics hardly has a spotless history of managing substance issues or cheating-via-science.

Let's not rush to judgment, okay?

Comment

Originally posted by Speedzzter.blogspot
                          Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                          He only won the 500 because your taciturn, rough-driving hero (Old Ironhead) ruined one of his tires on the last lap (which Spidey lamented not more than a couple of weeks ago (in the 17" tires test thread, if I'm not mistaken)).

I'm shocked that so many are willing to convict Mayfield on media reports. He may turn out to be the meth-cook's apprentice, but his realizing that he will likely not completely prevail against a secretive, monolithic, billion-dollar dictatorship that has already seized his livelihood is hardly an admission of guilt.

And I wouldn't be surprised if "Dr. Olympia's" vouching for drug tests isn't controverted by other experts-for-hire. I suspect the Olympics hardly has a spotless history of managing substance issues or cheating-via-science.

Let's not rush to judgment, okay?
                          X2

Comment

speedy hatred of earnhardt is pathetic - the fords couldn't keep up with 3
                            I guess they were a buch of cheeeters too , but only roush gets caugh
                            TALLADEGA, Ala. -- Charlotte-based attorney Bill Diehl says suspended Sprint Cup driver Jeremy Mayfield hasn't paid him for services.

Mayfield recently replaced Diehl and his firm with celebrity lawyer Mark Geragos. Diehl said the driver owes him "a lot" for defending him in his lawsuit against NASCAR.

Mayfield brought suit against the governing body after being suspended indefinitely for violating NASCAR's substance abuse policy. Court documents have since revealed he tested positive for methamphetamines.

Diehl wished Mayfield luck with his case, but said, "I'm going to get paid."

Mayfield recently advertised a Nov. 20 auction to sell an executive home, log cabin, ranch home, shop and an engine barn, 475 acres of divided and personal property, construction equipment, tractors, cars, trucks, shop and race equipment, jewelry and guns in Catawba, N.C., County.

Diehl, whose fee is $1,000 per hour, said he doesn't believe Mayfield is as financially strapped as has been reported. He said his firm has asked to be paid and will seek legal action if this doesn't happen.

Diehl would not say how much Mayfield owes him, but said, "We worked very hard."

David Newton covers NASCAR for ESPN.com. He can be reached at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                            X